A plea to the Administrators

I have been saying this to people for a while, who had been saying 'who would want buy Rangers just now?'

My point was would Rangers be worth £30m if they were debt free and you own the assets - of course they would. So, where is the difference of buying them from adminstration for the same money, even if it is a little messy.

I think this is the way Kennedy is thinking. Buy them now for £30m, steady the ship and sell it on for £??m debt free but, look like the saviour!

Why do you have to sell for a profit, Why not spend the money and enjoy the hobby of being a big-shot football chairman? Then, when you get bored, sell it on for the same as you paid for it. You could even pay yourself an 800k wage for the privilege of working part time, and it could make business deals easier.

There is more to life than making a profit and in fact when you get to a certain wealth it starts to become a bit pointless - which is why so many start to spend their money on overpriced stuff, producing films, buying vineyards and putting their name on the wine or they start giving it away to appear philanthropic.

If you want a bit of fame and celebrity status, there's only one space available for The Apprentice and five for Dragons Den, but there are plenty of football clubs and Rangers is more famous than most - and right now it's a bargain.

Guest Dutchy
My understanding was that it was the RFC Board that were @ fault since they didn't notify the FSA about going into Administration. D&P would not have known that RFC ran a credit scheme for a short time about 10yrs ago.....Craig Whyte might not have even known about it!!!!

I've heard that excuse as well, but if you're there to administrate, it seems a poor assumption to make that because we're a football club, it didn't matter. It's a basic flaw in my opinion, which costs us extra by having to return to court.

My understanding was that it was the RFC Board that were @ fault since they didn't notify the FSA about going into Administration. D&P would not have known that RFC ran a credit scheme for a short time about 10yrs ago.....Craig Whyte might not have even known about it!!!!

Craig Whyte and Andrew Ellis were the sum total of the RFC plc board when we entered administration.

I've heard that excuse as well, but if you're there to administrate, it seems a poor assumption to make that because we're a football club, it didn't matter. It's a basic flaw in my opinion, which costs us extra by having to return to court.

Don't think its an excuse. The admins most likely never new about the previous Credit card scheme, and therefore never knew that had a reason to involve the FSA. this may also be true about the Board (for what it was...)

Craig Whyte and Andrew Ellis were the sum total of the RFC plc board when we entered administration.

and had been there for 9 months....it is feasible that they weren't aware of the previous Credit card scheme, and therefore the need to notify the FSA....

Guest Dutchy

Sounds like everybody's fecking us, and getting huge wages for the pleasure.

" Ay didnae ken, and it wisnae me!!!"

Oh, we better not let this talent leave the country, eh!