Rangers Fans Working Group update

There has obviously been a lot going on with our club in recent weeks and while the issues we have been working on are important, they obviously pale into insignificance beside the very future of our club being threatened. However we believe it is time to give you all an update on what has been happening within the group over the last few weeks, and what is coming up. We would be happy to receive any questions or to explain anything that is written below.

OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR AT FOOTBALL ACT

As this became law on 1 March, we had a meeting with FoCUS chief David Brand in late February to discuss the latest views on the impact this would have. Obviously we have covered most of the issues before, but the interesting new information that came out is that they have informed the celtic fans groups and the club that the singing of â??oh ah up the raâ?, â??boys of the old brigadeâ? and â??roll of honourâ? are amongst the songs that are now illegal and will lead to arrests and prosecutions. From our side, only Build my gallows was added to the â??bannedâ? list for the line â??I fought the IRAâ? which under the new legislation is not allowed. Any songs which glorify loss of life or serious injury (Durrant) is now illegal and we should be mindful to ensure that FoCUS are made aware of any offences by our enemies are chased up. At the moment the word â??Hunâ? has no case law against it, but it is deemed offensive and sectarian by the police, who will be pursuing case law as soon as possible to ensure this is made illegal. Every case taken against an individual for â??hunâ? has been admitted and so therefore there has never been a live case went through the courts. Hopefully this will change soon and we understand there are cases pending in this regard.

MEETING WITH SPL

We recently met with Neil Doncaster and Ian Blair of the SPL to discuss their recent investigation into our club after the Kilmarnock game. We were disgusted that our club was being targeted again while Celtic, particularly away from home, have been singing pro-ira songs at every match this season with no record of them being investigated. We were assured that investigations are commonplace, but are not routinely reported, and that our club had no case to answer in respect to the Kilmarnock match. It was added that our club are by far the leaders in tackling offensive behaviour and our improvement was very noticeable and we were commended for this. A much more pertinent question is that why was our game and subsequent investigation reported in such a high profile way, while the same media has been ignoring the other investigations the SPL have undertaken this season.

RANGERS FANS FIGHTING FUND

Several members of the Working Group are also involved in the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund. As has been publicised this has been launched recently in order to keep the club going during its period of administration. This is in no way related to the Save Rangers pledge fund that we are sure many of you will have signed up for. This fund puts money directly into the hands of a committee of Rangers supporters to pay certain running costs of the club and to essentially keep the club afloat whilst the lengthy process of administration and bidders for the club continues. We are aware that many RSCâ??s and fans are undertaking fund-raisers in the coming day and weeks to put money into this fund. It is vital that our fans understand that our need is NOW and we would urge all fans and RSCâ??s and groups to raise cash and get it into the fund as soon as possible. We have been guaranteed that not one single penny of this money raised will go to the administrators, the lawyers, or Dundee United and celtic football clubs. We can completely trust those in charge of this fund, and a new website will be launched next week and more news of this will follow soon.

UPCOMING MATCH AGAINST CELTIC

We were amazed that with the mathematical chance of celtic being in a position to clinch the tainted title with victory in the match on Sunday that the game goes ahead as scheduled. We were under the impression that the SPL and the Police had made a vow to ensure this never happened again after the celtic shame game of 1999 when the celtic fans could not behave themselves in light of us winning the title in great fashion at the ground. Given that it has been decided that the game goes ahead, we must ensure that we uphold the principles of integrity, decency, and sportsmanship that our rivals could only dream of, should the unthinkable happen and the title is clinched on Sunday. We must focus our efforts on ensuring that if the game goes ahead without major incident, then there can no longer be a case made for a title decider to be off-limits in the future, and we will surely have the chance to enjoy another victory at the home of rivals in the coming seasons. Those that were there will remember it as a most satisfying experience, and one we should long to see again. We have been assured that the Police and Stewards will be taking very great care to ensure that no offensive banners or flags are allowed into the Broomloan Road stand on Sunday, and any that do get in are taken away as soon as is practically possible.

UNION FLAGS ON SALE ON SUNDAY

We are sure most of you will know about the sale of the small hand-held Union flags being available on Sunday to Rangers supporters attending the match. A minimum donation of £2 is required and all proceeds go directly to the fighting fund. We would be obliged if you would ensure your members are aware of this and encourage them to please give generously to the collectors. This money will really make a difference to our club.

PROPOSED MEETING WITH THE SFA

We have written to Mr Regan at the SFA to ask for a meeting to discuss various matters relating to recent events and we hope to be able to report back soon when this takes place. Anyone wanting to propose questions for this meeting are asked to email them to any of the committee of this group.

We were amazed that with the mathematical chance of celtic being in a position to clinch the tainted title with victory in the match on Sunday that the game goes ahead as scheduled.

I think it's absolutely shocking that the SPL and Strathclyde Police are allowing the game to go ahead. Obviously there's the chance that it might not be an issue depending on the Killie v M'well result on Saturday, so I guess there's still a chance it could be postponed, but with the way things have been going recently it won't surprise me if they do allow the game to go ahead if they have the chance of winning the title at Ibrox.

We have been assured that the Police and Stewards will be taking very great care to ensure that no offensive banners or flags are allowed into the Broomloan Road stand on Sunday, and any that do get in are taken away as soon as is practically possible.

The scumbags should be searched and have all coins and other possible projectiles confiscated as well as any flares, smoke bombs or similar taken off them as well.

I think it's absolutely shocking that the SPL and Strathclyde Police are allowing the game to go ahead. Obviously there's the chance that it might not be an issue depending on the Killie v M'well result on Saturday, so I guess there's still a chance it could be postponed, but with the way things have been going recently it won't surprise me if they do allow the game to go ahead if they have the chance of winning the title at Ibrox.

You are correct mate and I agree,however it was the BHEASTS behaviour that resulted in the SFA/Police to say they will never allow it to happen again.

I am all for a title decider to happen,although to be fair this can hardly be called a title decider as it is TAINTED,but Sunday is another opportunity to show we are the people and they will undoubtedly show the world what SCUM they are,AGAIN!

Who are the members of the Rangers Fans Working Group and were they elected or appointed and if so by whom? Please note this is not a criticism as it appears you are doing a lot of good work; just a question as there seem to be so many groups at the moment.

The SPL will never charge a club with a breach of their offensive behaviour rules so long as the absolute defence of "reasonably practicable" remains in place.

it might not be an issue depending on the Killie v M'well result on Saturday, so I guess there's still a chance it could be postponed, but with the way things have been going recently it won't surprise me if they do allow the game to go ahead if they have the chance of winning the title at Ibrox.

There's no way that game will be postponed regardless of the 'Well score.....and let's not kid ourselves, If Motherwell fail to beat Kilmarnock then it's game on and the next day's world news will be about 'shame game' it's a stick on.

BH, it's made up of reps from the fans' groups, singing sections and main websites, hopefully showing that we as a support can work together.

It's good that various groups can work together but with respect BD that doesn't answer the questions.

I know who represents the Assembly, the RST, the Association, RFFF etc. I don't know who is on RFWG or how they got there.

There's no way that game will be postponed regardless of the 'Well score.....and let's not kid ourselves, If Motherwell fail to beat Kilmarnock then it's game on and the next day's world news will be about 'shame game' it's a stick on.

I hope not 54, but my cynical side tells me we could yet again be getting set up if this game is allowed to go ahead with Celtic able to win the league at Ibrox. It should be called off on Saturday evening if M'well don't beat Killie.