Leggat - PARKHEAD IS THE PLACE WHICH TELLS WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY SCOTLAND IS

THE last time anyone was attacked in the directorsâ?? box at an Old Firm game it was Donald Findlay QC â?¦â?¦and the venue was

PARKHEAD!

Findlay QC was unlucky, because the hail of missiles which rained down on the Parkhead directorsâ?? box that day, although they came from Celtic supporters, were aimed at the Celtic board.

Maybe the so called Celticâ??s security, of which Ronnie Hawthorn is head, should have recalled that before handing out the ill judged and totally unjustified advice to out of order Neil Lennon about there being a threat to the Celtic managerâ??s safety if he took a seat in the Ibrox directorsâ?? box, after being banished from the touchline by referee Calum Murray.

There was also something fly about the way Lennon spoke about staying in the media room to watch the second half because he had been advised he would be in danger otherwise, with the added sleekit aside about that telling people what kind of country Scotland is.

The suspicion is that sly wee dig was aimed at the English reporters at his press conference, with perhaps the Daily Telegraph man, Paul Hayward a particular target. Hayward of course was flown to Seville on Dermot Desmondâ??s private jet.

I wonder if he slummed it on the shuttle this time, or if Celticâ??s billionaire owner, Desmond, provided the transport for Hayward again?

But back to Lennon. And a wee reminder that there most certainly is one place in this country of ours where visitors have had life and limb attacked. A dark, dangerous and bigoted place, where hatred and missiles pour down from the stands in almost equal measure.

Where a visiting goalkeeper was attacked by a thug who invaded the park on the same day as those in the dear seats were chucking whatever they could get their hands on at those in the directorsâ?? box.

Where a referee was felled by a missile and left dazed on the deck with blood streaming from a head wound.

Where a visiting captain needed stitching after he was wounded near the eye by another missile.

Where the doctor of a visiting team was hit on the hand by a coin hurled at him as he attended to an stricken player.

And where, during a Champions League match, the visiting goalkeeper was assaulted by another thug who charged onto the field in a frenzy of blazing bigoted badness.

Indeed it is easy to agree with Lennon about the state of this country when you examine and recall all of those shameful attacks which saw peopleâ??s safety really put in danger.

Would the Celtic manager like to answer where these dreadful things happened? The place which has shamed Scotland over and over and over again?

Should he feel unable to do so, then I am willing and able to be of some assistance.

PARKHEAD!

For anyone to try and fill Lennonâ??s head with such patent nonsense as the Ronnie Hawthorn headed Celtic security did is something else which is shameful and calls into question how Celticâ??s red headed head of security can possibly work with his Ibrox counterpart in the future.

What he told Lennon was a low insult to the security arrangements put in place by the excellent Rangers head of security, David Martin, acting in co-operation with the match commander, chief superintendent Andy Bates.

What Ronnie Hawthorn's department said smacks of a similar wild, unsubstantiated and dubious allegation made by Channel Fourâ??s increasingly bizarre Alexander James Thomson.

You know, the one about him being directly physically threatened by a Scottish journalist.

Maybe the hairbrained Hawthorn thought one of the hacks in the press gallery just in front of the directorsâ?? box was going to leap up and launch himself at poor wee defenceless Lenny.

Priceless! Comedy Gold, indeed.

And all of it guaranteed to play and pander to the sort of lunatic element among the Celtic support, notably the IRA supporting Green Brigade, who have grown in prominence and seem to have been indulged by Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell.

There will be more on the Green Brigade and Lawwell and about more trouble which looms on the horizon for Celtic. Soon.

For the moment, had Hawthorn and Lennon really been too scared to sit near Lawwell and all the others from Celtic who were perfectly safe in the Ibrox directorsâ?? box, Iâ??m sure â??Sirâ?? Walter would have been happy for the Celtic manager to sit next to him. If â??Sirâ?? Walter couldnâ??t have protected the wee Ulsterman, then Iâ??m sure â??Ladyâ?? Ethel would have.

Remember, Lennon has had no problems from Rangers fans on previous visits to Ibrox when, as Celtic manager, he has gone to watch Rangers play. Unlike Paul Le Guen, who was spat on by Celtic supporters after he left a Hearts-Celtic game at Tyncesatle.

And Findlay QC, who was smacked by a missile thrown by Celtic fans when he sat in the directorâ?? box at Parkhead.

���

AND���

THE reason why Paul Murray did not attend the Old Firm game was that he did not want his presence to distract from the game.

Which once again showed that this dedicated, quiet, self effacing Bluenose, the leader of the True Blue Knights, is surely a man who has the good of the club at heart and who instinctively acts in a Rangers manner.

Meanwhile Graeme Souness and the man he is backing to take over at Ibrox - with role for him promised â?? Brian Kennedy, were high profile spectators as Rangers ran rings round Neil Lennonâ??s team and tactics.

Another point about the Souness involvement. Remember the last person he introduced to Rangers and encouraged him to buy the club?

Remember how that ended?

����

FINALLY��.

CHANNEL Four Newsâ?? Alexander James Thomson is a curious cove. First he tells us he is exposing new aspects of the WHYTE SCANDAL and the Rangersâ?? story, while rubbishing the way the Scottish media have handled it.

Then he produces a report for Channel Four News which contained nothing new. No original reporting. Just a re-hash of some of the stuff that has already been reported in Scottish newspapers.

Next he claims he has suffered a direct physical threat from a Scottish journalist, without providing one shred of evidence to back his story.

And finally â?? so far â?? he claims he was at Ibrox for the Old Firm game, in the Copeland Road Stand, after buying a ticket for £30 from someone he met under John Greigâ??s statue. Which he referred to only as the statue.

But match day tickets for the Old Firm game were priced £42. And the Copeland Road Stand is season ticket only.

As I said, a curious cove.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

"But match day tickets for the Old Firm game were priced £42. And the Copeland Road Stand is season ticket only."

There were plenty of people offering season tickets for sale on Sunday.

As for "Copeland Road Stand"? FFS.

STV gives us this article today, yet kindly omits who actually lost the game. Hence, all OF fans take the blame, not - as you would expect - the support of the losing team. *saracasm on* Then again, there's a good chance that the support of the winning team does a fair amount of DV too, is there? *sarcasm off*

Domestic abuse website sees 600% rise over Old Firm weekend

A site offering advice and help for victims saw a a surge in traffic last weekend when Rangers and Celtic played at Ibrox.

28 March 2012 11:21 GMT

A website offering help and advice for victims of domestic abuse saw a 600% rise in visits over the last Old Firm match weekend.

Charity Shelter Scotland said there was also a "dramatic increase" in visits to pages on its site offering advice on leaving home in a hurry and taking legal action against a partner.

The surge in visits coincided with the launch of a Facebook campaign during the Old Firm weekend, which has been cited by police and social workers as a catalyst for reports of domestic abuse.

According to the charity, the same advertising on previous weekends had generated just one-sixth of the traffic witnessed on the weekend of the latest Celtic v Rangers clash.

Alison Watson, head of services at Shelter Scotland, said: "These figures show that hundreds, perhaps thousands of people across Scotland, mainly women, went online last weekend to find advice and help on issues related to domestic abuse. And they weren’t just browsing. The average length of visit to our advice pages increased to several minutes.

"With a 600% rise in visits to our domestic abuse advice pages, we think that reported cases may only be the tip of the iceberg and that there could be hundreds more unreported cases of people living in fear of or suffering abuse.

"We hope that lessons will be learned and that the link between Old Firm matches and increased domestic abuse levels can finally be broken. Otherwise, the cycle of abuse will continue and many more lives will be ruined.

She added: "Shelter Scotland’s expert advice and services are available all year round. Anyone concerned about domestic abuse either personally, or who knows someone in danger, should seek advice or point others towards advice as soon as possible. Help is available from the Get Advice section on our web site, http://www.shelterscotland.org, and our helpline 0808 800 4444."

The Facebook campaign can be accessed at http://www.facebook.com/shelterinscotland.

STV gives us this article today, yet kindly omits who actually lost the game. Hence, all OF fans take the blame, not - as you would expect - the support of the losing team. *saracasm on* Then again, there's a good chance that the support of the winning team does a fair amount of DV too, is there? *sarcasm off*

Who won or lost will have an impact on the split of DV committed by each side but sadly BOTH sets of fans will do this. Someone who will commit DV will do it regardless of which team they support, the Old Firm though and the atmosphere, the highs/lows and the DRINK has a huge impact and it's a huge issue.

It would be silly to suggest this is only Celtic fans.

It would also be completely wrong to suggest the majority of Old Firm have any truck with DV, I certainly do not think that way (as a female who has been in a toxic relationship before). The majority are good, but that does not diminish the fact that Old Firm days are a huge catalyst.

A catalyst, not a cause. Like I said, someone who does this will do it on other days too.

Next he claims he has suffered a direct physical threat from a Scottish journalist, without providing one shred of evidence to back his story.

How exactly do you 'prove' that someone has threatened you? Unless they sent it in writing, which I highly doubt any journalist would do...

This seems to be the kind of lazy tabloid stuff Leggat comes out with these days. But his blogs are a regular on the forums, and I suspect will continue to be so.

Listen lads. See this clown from Channel 4. Ignore him. He's using his status as a war correspondent as some sort of pedestal for credibility. War journos are the lowest of the low, they're worse than anything TNOTW etc churn out. They will do anything to get a story and have caused forces guys deaths to get a story and they don't have a conscious about it.

We fucking despise them, truly utterly despise them as they put our lives in danger, i have no conscious in saying i have a wry smile when one gets killed as for every one of them killed they have caused multiple deaths of armed forces guys with their thirst for a story! (sorry if that offends anyone but that train doesn't stop at my station). I was nearly killed in Bosnia because of one clown from the AP. This guy is true scum of the earth so please don't give the cunt the time of day.

How exactly do you 'prove' that someone has threatened you? Unless they sent it in writing, which I highly doubt any journalist would do...

This seems to be the kind of lazy tabloid stuff Leggat comes out with these days. But his blogs are a regular on the forums, and I suspect will continue to be so.

Eh, aren't your blogs on here too? Do you really think they are that much better than Leggo's?

Eh, aren't your blogs on here too? Do you really think they are that much better than Leggo's?

Do I come out with lazy tabloid accusations and write like I work for the Sun? I think most blogs are better than Leggo's.

It's quite clear that a lot of posters on gersnet don't like Leggats' blog,fair enough,but why bother reading it then?,and why bother replying?.

What do you think of him, Ian?

I'm critical of him because he could be so much better if he'd cut out the childish stuff, pushing his various agendas like TBKs and the random fishing that he does. The first half of the above article is good stuff but he then goes and spoils it with the second half.

We don't need someone with a Daily Star/Sunday Sport mentality. We need someone with credibility. He should revisit his whole approach and go for quality over quantity as he does have some good information at times.

edit - I do read a lot more of his stuff now that you post the whole thing on here, so thanks for that, mate. I tend not to go onto blogs or other links for some reason (other bloggers take note).

Edited by Bluedell