Press release from Brian Kennedy

Wimbledon to MK Dons its not even in the same ball park as a comparison a different sport for one thing and football and rugby fans are a totally different breed.

So what your saying is that everytime Sale have moved they have taken none of the original support with them, well that's some trick to pull off move ground leave all the old support behind and in 3 months sell out the new ground with a whole new support.

If Kennedy can pull off those kinds of tricks not once but twice then I say he's just the man we need.

Sale have only moved once so far, the next move has been on the cards for months now. You also appear to be struggling with the difference between a local community and attendance/fanbase, so I'll leave it at that.

Sale have only moved once so far, the next move has been on the cards for months now. You also appear to be struggling with the difference between a local community and attendance/fanbase, so I'll leave it at that.

And just how do you go about measuring local communities when talking about Rangers who have a Britain and Northern Ireland travelling support ,we have buses coming from all over the place and how local is local , Govan , Drumoyne , Partick , Shawlands , East Kilbride etc etc , as Govanallan says its a completly different animal

And just how do you go about measuring local communities when talking about Rangers who have a Britain and Northern Ireland travelling support ,we have buses coming from all over the place and how local is local , Govan , Drumoyne , Partick , Shawlands , East Kilbride etc etc , as Govanallan says its a completly different animal

The local community is surely that which surrounds the stadium, the home of the team. If Rangers moved home to Hampden, how many of the shops or pubs in Govan or KP would survive without the regular football crowds? Would a shop/pub in Partick or Portadown suffer the same?

Edited by caseyjones

The local community is surely that which surrounds the stadium, the home of the team. If Rangers moved home to Hampden, how many of the shops or pubs in Govan or KP would survive without the regular football crowds? Would a shop/pub in Partick or Portadown suffer the same?

The shops and pubs around Govan , KP might get a bounce every second saturday or the equivelant of 24 days a year but I dont see it as enough to make a massive difference that your suggesting , the majority of our fans travel to Ibrox , your arguement seemed to be about fans travelling away from Sale Rugby.

Also how do you quantify other businesses losing trade when fans travel to Ibrox , I dont get your arguement

The shops and pubs around Govan , KP might get a bounce every second saturday or the equivelant of 24 days a year but I dont see it as enough to make a massive difference that your suggesting , the majority of our fans travel to Ibrox , your arguement seemed to be about fans travelling away from Sale Rugby.

Also how do you quantify other businesses losing trade when fans travel to Ibrox , I dont get your arguement

I suggest you go and ask around the local businesses then. The local MP, who is a good Bear, claimed just that during the 5Live debate. Marshall also stated that without Rangers, there would be no Louden Tavern's in the area.