Regan walks while fans talk

Following on from the ill-advised RFFF announcement, we get yet another attempt to capture the populist vote.

I wouldn't argue that the GIRUY to Dundee Utd in the RFFF statement was playing to the fans, but this Working Group doesn't have anything to do with capturing populist votes as far as I know. If you know otherwise, then spill the beans Casey!

It's a legal team employed by the administrators though, not one employed by a Rangers Chairman, CEO or board of directors. Is that right?

Who employs them is irrelevant as they will be using legal argument based upon the rules we have been charged with contravening.

they will be using legal argument based upon the rules we have been charged with contravening.

Maybe so, but I think there's a significant difference between lawyers employed by D&P (who were hand-picked by Craig Whyte) and lawyers working in the best interests of Rangers FC.

Edited by Zappa
typo

I wouldn't argue that the GIRUY to Dundee Utd in the RFFF statement was playing to the fans, but this Working Group doesn't have anything to do with capturing populist votes as far as I know. If you know otherwise, then spill the beans Casey!

I'm calling it as I see it, mate. Yet another wee group who have taken it upon themselves to purport to speak for the support. Their remit to start with was to deal with offensive/sectarian singing. They now appear to have broadened their sights into other areas.

Maybe so, but I think there's a significant difference between lawyers employed by D&P (who were hand-picked by Craig Whyte) and lawyers working in the best interests of Rangers FC.

Whyte has used his own lawyers to have the case adjourned. We have used mitigation as our defence.

I'm calling it as I see it, mate. Yet another wee group who have taken it upon themselves to purport to speak for the support. Their remit to start with was to deal with offensive/sectarian singing. They now appear to have broadened their sights into other areas.

I see your point, but the Working Group isn't exactly just "another wee group", it's quite unique.

At a time when our club doesn't have a Chairman, CEO or Board I don't see who else is better placed to speak for the fans than this Working Group, since it brings together a whole bunch of different types of fan groups. If there's a better option, then what is it?

Yet another reason why we must get this f*&king nightmare ended as soon as possible.

I think we're relying on the administrators to do that, but I'm not confident that they're in a hurry.

I see your point, but the Working Group isn't exactly just "another wee group", it's quite unique.

At a time when our club doesn't have a Chairman, CEO or Board I don't see who else is better placed to speak for the fans than this Working Group, since it brings together a whole bunch of different types of fan groups. If there's a better option, then what is it?

It's built along similar lines to the RFFF, it may even contain members who are on both committees. Their audience with Regan certainly hasn't helped to create a climate where further constructive talks can take place, although I'm not certain that was their goal in any case.