We lost the game from two parts of the team - the strikeforce and the central defence.

When it comes to consistently clinical finishers, would you rate Prso, Buffel and Novo in that catagory? I wouldn't. We put on three forwards, none of which are reknowned for knowing the way to the back of the net.

I really respect Le Guen, but you really have to wonder where his great footballing brain is when he picks a forward line like that. Boyd has glaringly obvious faults that really showed themselves on Thursday night, but in our present squad he's obviously the only one who can finish efficiently. Then Le Guen says, "We lack efficiency in front of goal." It's really hard to tell if he's got a grip on things and he's definitely under the most pressure he's ever been in his life.

Then there's the defence, it was obvious we needed a couple of no nonsense centre backs that can boss the box and Le Guen brought in two that just can't do that and has been shuffling the back ever since. We lost two goals to headers from set pieces where our markers were a striker and an attacking midfielder... Where is our defence?

Richard Gough seems to see it so why can't Le Guen. Can we bring this Rangers Legend in as a defensive coach? Oh aye, and bring super Ally in as the striking coach.

Another disappointment was the midfield (yes the problem is the defence, the midfield and the attack...ffs!), Fergie tried hard but he didn't have the support he had on Thursday and that was because Clement just wasn't the same player. The easiest conclusion is that he's not quite fit enough yet to play two games in a row in such a short space of time.

He should have been subbed for Svensson and Hemdani put back there as although he's a lesser a player, he's more than fit enough to have done a far better job against a bunch of relegation favourites.

To me it looks like, PLG is adopting a Vogts type siege mentallity and instead of going back to basics and doing the obvious, he's making strange decisions and pigheadedly refusing to explain them. He seems to be doing things to prove that he's his own man, rather than what will bring results.

I said for Eck that a man who does things in a strange way and gets results is hailed as a genius, a man who is unorthodox and fails looks like a complete fool. This applied to Le Guen too.

Until we see any method in his madness we are going to doubt him more and more.

The question that looms in my mind is, that if George Burley can spend a couple of million on a bunch of unknown players to add to a mediocre squad and win something like 10 out of his first 11 games, why can't the apparent best young manager in Europe do the same? In fact he's struggling to do half as well.

I still think, Le Guen is not dealing with the pressure and is too busy protecting his ego to look at the problems objectively and find simple solutions to our problems.