Admin Statement on SPL rule change proposals - 11/04

Wow that Celtic statement is the biggest pile of shit I've read. Ahahahahahaha at their mock outrage.

What do they know of.dignity?

Dignity and Integrity in the same statement from Celtic fans at least it made me laugh, they'll be telling us about there Corinthian Spirit next what a shower of bawbags.

So you want to resign do you Bhoys well that's just fine you hand it in and I'll hand you the ferry ticket to get the f#*k back home to the Irish League where you belong, oh and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Dhimmy Trust 'response' to today's RST statement:

The announcement by the SPL of the proposed rule changes to deal with Clubs who fall into administration and/or liquidation has angered many Celtic fans and fans of other Clubs. The fact that it has also angered the RST on the grounds of being too severe is, at one and the same time, bizarre and entirely predictable given the state of denial in which that particular organisation exists. More importantly, however, is what we are going to do about it.

The Celtic Trust have asked for a meeting, as a matter of urgency, with Celtic to ascertain what their thinking is in relation to the vote on these resolutions. There have also been a number of calls from members and other supporters to look at boycotts of away games. In addition there has been a proposal from within the membership to let the sponsors of the SFA/SPL know that we will take action, in the form of boycotts and other actions, against them if they fail to bring pressure to bear on the SPL to maintain the sporting integrity of the league competition. Other members have already suggested that Celtic should tender their resignation from the league in protest if these resolutions are passed,

Whatever happens, and whatever action we choose to take, it is absolutely vital that we stand together on this one. Not only should all the Celtic supporters’ organisations and individual supporters unite to defend the integrity of the game but, if at all possible, we should be standing shoulder to shoulder with the Club in opposing the introduction of a ‘get-out’ clause for Clubs who have effectively cheated for years on end and who have defrauded the citizens of this country.

If the SPL think they can be all things to all men on this one they need to be informed, and quickly, that nothing short of a robust and impartial defence of the integrity of the game will do.

A competition without integrity is not one which many people will be willing to pay money to watch – not now and not ever.

FFS, that's bloody hilarious! :D

Guest superrcooper7

It's a fair cop! Ibrox bidder Miller insists Rangers' punishment is only right

Prospective Rangers owner Bill Miller has admitted he favours SPL proposals which could see an Ibrox â??newcoâ?? face tough new sporting sanctions.

The SPL clubs will meet on April 30 to vote on plans which would only allow a liquidated Rangers to return to the top tier with a 10-point penalty for the next two seasons and a 75-per-cent cut to their commercial revenues for the next three.

Rangers administrators and supportersâ?? groups have reacted with fury to the proposals, accusing club chairmen of jeopardising a takeover and kicking the club when they are at their lowest ebb.

The Rangers Supporters Trust has issued a statement calling for a fansâ?? boycott of away grounds next season.

Undeterred in his plans to take Rangers out of administration via a creditorsâ?? agreement, however, Chicago-based Miller flew in the face of popular opinion by claiming he backed the proposals for Financial Fair Play.

He told Sportsmail: â??I hope the Rangers representative at the SPL meeting votes in favour of all of the proposals as I believe they are in the best interest of the league and its members - including - the Rangers.

â??I can confirm that I have responded to Duff & Phelps and that I am in favour of a CVA exit from administration. Based on my interpretation of the proposed SPL sanctions, it appears the only penalty that could impact the club is if Duff & Phelps was unable to complete the CVA by the beginning of the season.

â??Consequently, my bid continues to be in place with the administrators. However, in reviewing the proposed sanctions, it is clear that any club going into administration in the future, including the Rangers, would be severely penalised.

â??In my view, this falls in line with the appropriate efforts of the various governing bodies to ensure clubs are operating within their means and not mortgaging the future with excessive debt.â??

Administrators Duff & Phelps had described the SPL plans as â??disruptive and regrettableâ??. With Singaporean consortium leader Bill Ng joining Miller in saying he is still in the race, however, a preferred bidder is expected to be confirmed in the coming days.

Ng told the BBC: â??My bottom line is to ensure Rangersâ?? continued survival. We stand by what we promised. A change of rules does affect the finances of the club, but it does not affect our passion.

â??It is better to know the changes early than to get surprises after we have done our budget.â??

Blue Knights leader Paul Murray has yet to declare his views on the SPL plans, telling Sportsmail he had no comment to make.

The anger of Rangers supporters shows no sign of abating, however, with the clubâ??s Supporters Trust threatening to co-ordinate a boycott of away grounds in retaliation for the SPL vote.

An RST statement read: â??Given the severity of the possible sanctions and their impact on any club who may also fall on hard times through mismanagement, it leaves us little option to give serious consideration of calling for a boycott of away fixtures by Rangers fans next season; specifically targeting those clubs who have rushed through the proposals to punish our club with these excessive and draconian penalties.

â??We will discuss this in the near future with our sister organisations to maximise impact and collate ideas on how a boycott could be

facilitated if deemed necessary.

â??There appears to be a change in attitude within our support and a unified determination not seen before as we again see another attempt to persecute our club whilst we are at our most vulnerable.â??