Admin Statement on SPL rule change proposals - 11/04

The contrast to the governing bodies down south compared with those in Scotland is quite startling. Portsmouth are actively given assistance as they work through administration yet the SPL/SFA are actively seeking to hinder us as we work through administration. Surely member clubs should be looking after each other within reason? Surely governing bodies can see that our current plight is due to the mismanagement of a small number of individuals and that they are also culpable, in part, in not governing the game effectively to prevent this from happening. I'm at a loss as to how we go forward to be honest.

You would almost class this witch hunt as sectarian in its nature. Not the Protestant/Catholic kind but certainly one group being victimised against the rest.

Boycott away fixtures and could we have a live beam back to Ibrox for these games?,I'm sure the fans would pay to watch the beam back, pouring cash into the club at the same time.

Love that idea but is there not rules in place that stops this?

And if there isn't just hang around for a couple of days and the let's make the rules up as we go along committee from the SPL/SFA will give you one.

Boycott away fixtures and could we have a live beam back to Ibrox for these games?,I'm sure the fans would pay to watch the beam back, pouring cash into the club at the same time.

Love that idea but is there not rules in place that stops this?

Beam backs are allowed, but the SPL take 20% of any income which means profits would be relatively small. The key to it's feasibility would be the cost of entry since people aren't going to pay high prices for an Ibrox beam back, but the prices would need to be high enough to make it worth the club's while.

Even if our away fans decided on a boycott I don't think the beam back would be attractive to them. With all away games being shown live on Sky most would stay at home or just go to the pub to watch it.

If the games weren't on live then obviously a beam back would fill Ibrox.

Even if our away fans decided on a boycott I don't think the beam back would be attractive to them. With all away games being shown live on Sky most would stay at home or just go to the pub to watch it.

If the games weren't on live then obviously a beam back would fill Ibrox.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree,however in these troubled times I'm sure you would see an effort made by the fans to plough some cash into the club.

One thing they could do even when away games are televised is turn the pitch into a massive outdoor pub (weather permitting). They could charge an entry fee, show the game and make a load of cash from selling cheap booze in plastic cups and cheap snack food. Just like loads of pubs do except on a much larger scale on the pitch at Ibrox. There's got to be some money in that surely? :)

One thing they could do even when away games are televised is turn the pitch into a massive outdoor pub (weather permitting). They could charge an entry fee, show the game and make a load of cash from selling cheap booze in plastic cups and cheap snack food. Just like loads of pubs do except on a much larger scale on the pitch at Ibrox. There's got to be some money in that surely? :)

The club would need to be granted a licence to sell booze - the polis would block it.