Blue Knights - Ready To Take A Step Back

I was always of the opinion that Ticketus would have to be dealt with, whoever the winning bidder was. How it is broken down is immaterial. They are now in line to get more that they would have done previously.

Ticketus were always gonna be part of the equation, no doubt about that. Overall, they may not be getting much more than from the BK's deal.

The BK's had agreed to repay £10m, over 9 years with various clauses inc interest free. However, were they not also requiring an initial £10m to fund their bid & running costs until a share issue was sorted. Money from the share issue was then gonna be used to repay Ticketus - £10m + interest @ a very healthy rate no doubt. Over all they were probably gonna get fairly close to £14m.

Bill Ng, may be saying £14m over 5 years, maybe even interest free (speculation...). This would then take them out of the Creditors pot, leaving more of his initially quoted £12m for everyone else. Alternatively, he may have thrown another £14m into his bid to pay ticketus off completely (wishful thinking probably)

Maybe Frankie can get some further info from his source???

CG & FS, please refrain.

I know everyone has their preference, and I myself have been more impressed with Ng (for no reason other than the noises coming out of them left me feeling more comfortable), but I struggle to see how anyone can be "glad" TBK's are out of it when we still know so little of the other bids.

What if Bill Ng is the Singaporean Craig Whyte ? Would we all be so happy to see the back of TBK's then ? I doubt it.

I want only ONE thing - the best solution and best buyer for RANGERS. And, right now, we still have no idea who that is, so it is premature IMHO for us to be glad to see the back of anyone, bar Craig Whyte of course :D

We don't know that the Ng deal with Ticketus is going to be worse for the club than what TBK were planning. After all, TBK were borrowing even more money from Ticketus to fund the takeover and for working capital whereas we don't know what's going on with the Ng deal with Ticketus. If their deal with them is to buy back the tickets Whyte sold to them and settle the Ticketus matter completely then that might be a very good deal to do at this point.

Hopefully Frankie will be in a position to ascertain if there is in fact any deal at all between Ng and Ticketus.

CG & FS, please refrain.

I know everyone has their preference, and I myself have been more impressed with Ng (for no reason other than the noises coming out of them left me feeling more comfortable), but I struggle to see how anyone can be "glad" TBK's are out of it when we still know so little of the other bids.

What if Bill Ng is the Singaporean Craig Whyte ? Would we all be so happy to see the back of TBK's then ? I doubt it.

I want only ONE thing - the best solution and best buyer for RANGERS. And, right now, we still have no idea who that is, so it is premature IMHO for us to be glad to see the back of anyone, bar Craig Whyte of course :D

Well said. Losing any of the bidders is bad news.

The £500k exclusivity fee....

This?

�During the course of Friday Ticketus decided that they were not prepared to provide this deposit. During the course of the weekend members of the consortium offered to put up the deposit subject to a small number of conditions which were broadly agreed with Duff & Phelps.

Deal would have been done and dusted on Friday if Ticketus hadn't decided to play silly buggers.

This?

Deal would have been done and dusted on Friday if Ticketus hadn't decided to play silly buggers.

It could have been done & dusted on Friday, if TBK's had funds of their own!!! They had to go check down the back of the sofa to scramble together cash - which came with conditions.

Maybe Ticketus simply decided that it was time for the consortium to actually stump up something for themselves!!!