I didn't agree with Fred Goodwin losing his & I wouldn't agree with Murray losing his. His Knighthood was for business services to Scotland, not purely about Rangers.

It all gets petty imo when we do this. Knighthoods are only meant to be removed for specific crimes. Bad management of a football club doesn't count.

I didn't agree with Fred Goodwin losing his & I wouldn't agree with Murray losing his. His Knighthood was for business services to Scotland, not purely about Rangers.

It all gets petty imo when we do this. Knighthoods are only meant to be removed for specific crimes. Bad management of a football club doesn't count.

Didn't Goodwin get his knighthood for services to the banking industry.....he was then instrumental in the near total collapse of said industry - If that didn't warrant losing his Knighthood, I don't know what would.

SDM's Knighthood had nothing to do with Rangers, and he could even argue (as he has) that his only real error (until BTC outcome) is selling to Whyte who ultimately brought the club to is knees.

Good post. :)

I would say bringing the world of banking to its knees is criminal in any bodies books.

Criminality only counts when charges are brought. Neither Goodwin nor Murray have been charged.

Knighthoods are removed: honours are sometimes removed (forfeited) if a recipient is convicted of a criminal offence or for political reasons (such as gross humanitarian violations)

Goodwin became the media face of the crisis, albeit subsequently the FSA agreed he was instrumental, but lets be clear ONE man did not cause the Global financial crisis. He just became the target, someone for people to rage at. According to the set out guidelines, his Knighthood should remain.

However, as a feminist I think Knighthoods are big pile of shite anyway, but that's not really the point :D

Criminality only counts when charges are brought. Neither Goodwin nor Murray have been charged.

Knighthoods are removed: honours are sometimes removed (forfeited) if a recipient is convicted of a criminal offence or for political reasons (such as gross humanitarian violations)

Goodwin became the media face of the crisis, albeit subsequently the FSA agreed he was instrumental, but lets be clear ONE man did not cause the Global financial crisis. He just became the target, someone for people to rage at. According to the set out guidelines, his Knighthood should remain.

However, as a feminist I think Knighthoods are big pile of shite anyway, but that's not really the point :D

The f#*kwit personally lost me thousands of pounds, losing his knighthood should've been the lest of his worrys. He brought one of the worlds biggest banks to the brink and but for a government bail using my money it would be gone.

He then walks away scotfree with a huge pension can you tell me the justice in that, the only thing he gets is the stigma of having his knighthood stripped but I'm sure his millions will make it bearable.

Edited by GovanAllan

The f#*kwit personally lost me thousands of pounds, losing his knighthood should've been the lest of his worrys. He brought one of the worlds biggest banks to the brink and but for a government bail using my money it would be gone.

Millions of people have been affected, my point is it wasn't solely him. Do you think he was the only person to make a decision ever? However, maybe it was HIM who did lose you money. I'm merely pointing out the rules of Knighthood removal and why he didn't fit into it. I've already stated I don't agree with them on the whole anyway.

The government used all our monies, that's not in doubt but it wasn't the first crash & it won't be the last.

Have never called him Sir, and have never refered to our training centre as MP.

I understand BBC Scotland are digging heavily into SDM to do the same hatchet job (sorry investigative journalistic piece) on him as they did on CW.

Only a decade late with that one as nobody at the BBC had the balls to do it when they were asked to do so nearly a decade ago. Shame the current management of the BBC in Scotland werent around then.

Murray's name will come out of this as the scumbag he is, we just have more important things to deal with just now.

I'm not a fan of Murray but this post leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth. I can't even believe your a fan of the current BBC Scotland management. Makes you look more of an enemy of Murray than a friend of Rangers.

Youve took it the wrong way from my intention. My mentioning of the current BBC heirarchy was irony, not support.

Sorry if it came across that way as I have not a good word to say about BBC Scotland and their hatred of our club, to be clear.

Ive been a Rangers fan long before Murray came and will continue to be one long after he has gone. What I wont do is thank him for his time here, or suggest he was good for us overall. A good first decade was completely eradicated by the last decade's complete mismanagement and eventual sale to a complete charlatan. At this time I wont even throw the BTC at him as I still believe we will be found not guilty or at worst be found a small percentage at blame, but should that go against us in a big way, there can be no doubt about his overall contribution to our club.