What is the ban & fine on the club actually for?

Serious question as I can't get my head around it.

Even Whyte's ban, I think we all know he's not fit or proper, but what's he actually done to break the SFA rule book and be fined £200k? I know he's avoided paying taxes, but given the club are currently in negotiations to repay this then it's not strictly against SFA rules from what I understand. So Whyte's fine is debatable and I can't comprehend what the club has done?

As I said, it's a serious question, what is the fine and punishment handed out to Rangers actually for, and how does this contravene SFA rules?

There have been a variety of rules broken but the main one is Rule 66 - a catch-all of 'bring the game into disrepute'.

Unprecedented censure when you consider Livi, Dundee and Motherwell.

Is it true that the possible penalties for breaching rule 66 do not include a suspension on player registrations?

I read somewhere they could impose a ban from Scottish Cup competitions.

Is it also true that if we appealed to UEFA then all Scottish Clubs and indeed the national side could be excluded from UEFA competition?

Cheers Frankie, another question then:

If Rangers were found 'not proven' that we'd complied with rule 1, how can we have been found guilty of rule 2 which is ensuring our 'officials, Team Staff and players act in accordance with Rule 1'. So they say they can't prove that rule 1's been broken, but have fined the club £10k for our staff not complying with the same rule???

We've also been fined £50k for breaking rule 14 which states Full membership or associate membership may be suspended or terminated, or a fine may be issued, where a full member or an associate member suffers or is subject to an insolvency event. Has any other club who's entered administration been fined on top of the automatic points deduction? I certainly can't recall this happening. Also, why has this formed part of their investigation into Whyte?

As you say, with regards rule 66 I can't see how Rangers as a club have brought the game into disrepute. Whyte there's an argument for, but Rangers as a club have done completely the opposite by continuing in the competitions and paying rival clubs debts while in administration. Given Hearts haven't been fined for non-payment of players, and Lennon has got away with accusing officials of cheating, this one's a complete farce. A £100k fine and 12 month transfer ban for bringing the game into disrepute??? Absolute nonsense.

We can sign freebies though.

Fees have nothing to do with it....the embargo is on registering players over 18 yrs old. We can sign players all we like, but until we can register them with the SFA, we can't play them!!!

I guess we have briought the game into disrepute by not paying creditors. Not sure what else we have done. does anyone have any ideas?

All clubs that go into administration do so because they can't pay their creditors but no other club has been charged.

I guess we have briought the game into disrepute by not paying creditors. Not sure what else we have done. does anyone have any ideas?

All clubs that go into administration do so because they can't pay their creditors but no other club has been charged.

But then the supporters have paid Dunfermline, Dundee Utd are being paid, etc. Gretna were forwarded money to pay their creditors rather than fined, so why single Rangers out?