Rangers in the 3rd Div

I don't really see the point in starting again in the 3rd division. All it does is take us back to the SPL eventually. I'd rather start again in England.

As would I Danny but unless there's a massive change in the corridors of power it ain't happening.

Then again here's one from leftfield if Liewell really has an endgame to get the Mhanks to England when/if we go Div3 and he claims no competition or whatever. He sets a precedent and when we get back to the SPL or whatever is left we can also do the same thing. Or is that to far fetched

It's not up to McCoist to make those decisions, and he should keep his trap shut instead of causing more alarm at such a volatile time for the club.

I beg to disagree here, as, apparently, did the gaffer.

A bit above someone said: we should instead "be more co-operative to the SFA". What sort of request is that? Rangers FC has always been co-operative towards the SFA. Apart from Whyte that is. So far and ever since at least 2008, it is the SFA who has hardly been co-operative to US. And if somesuch as the embargo is being whipped up out of the blue, people like McCoist or McCulloch have a right to act like they did, as it is their jobs that depends on these decisions of them bampots at the SFA at the moment. Not to mention the existence of our club.

As would I Danny but unless there's a massive change in the corridors of power it ain't happening.

If Rangers liquidate, become a newco - what's to stop us joining the lower leagues in England. Yes, I accept trophies will be a long way off, and we'll lose all our current squad bar maybe a few youngsters, but the truth is I can't see much reason to stay in Scotland on any level now.

Then again here's one from leftfield if Liewell really has an endgame to get the Mhanks to England when/if we go Div3 and he claims no competition or whatever. He sets a precedent and when we get back to the SPL or whatever is left we can also do the same thing. Or is that to far fetched

The only way a Scottish club is joining England is in extreme circumstances of liquidation and starting again. And that's what I'm suggesting. Celtic will not be permitted, as their current setup, to simply change league.

If Rangers liquidate, become a newco - what's to stop us joining the lower leagues in England. Yes, I accept trophies will be a long way off, and we'll lose all our current squad bar maybe a few youngsters, but the truth is I can't see much reason to stay in Scotland on any level now.

Only way a Liqudated Rangers might get into England would be if the SFA kicked us out forever, you might then get a favourable hearing from the English. But I think UEFA would step in and tell the SFA to get a grip before it got that far.

It's the timing of the punishment and the severity aimed at the club and not the owner, this seems to be the sticking point with some Whyte isn't Rangers Football Club he owns it yes but not one employee of Rangers have done anything to break the rules. The SFA have just threw it all in one bag and handed out fines willy nilly.

As for the self-pity away and throw shit at yourself I've not spoke to one Rangers fan wallowing in self-pity, up to our eyes in injustice and unfairness yes crying out for a level playing field you better believe it.

Whyte was Rangers give me peace so if your boss breaks the rules without your knowledge you should get done to that's some world you live CJ

That is the way the world works, whether people think it's fair or not.

Edited by caseyjones

The biggest reason for staying in Scotland is that we are Scotland's most successful football club and if we stay in Scotland we have the chance to not just retain that honor, but build on it through winning more Scottish silverware. We can't do that if we don't play in Scottish football.

I know quite a lot of fans are thinking like yourself that if we're to take the newco/liquidated route that we should move to England, but I don't agree. Even if we were allowed entry to the lower English league system, working our way up through the leagues would take a long time because it wouldn't be anywhere near as easy as people think it would. We'd be playing in the back waters for a decade and for what? So that we can get to the Championship and EPL where almost every club has an unsustainable wage bill and they all live in a bubble that's about to burst any year now?

I'll tell you when we should pounce on a move to English football... When their bubble DOES burst! I'd only be happy doing it if both ourselves AND Celtic moved as part of the same deal though because then our Scottish records would remain unbeaten by the clatty clan.

The only way a Scottish club is joining England is in extreme circumstances of liquidation and starting again.

It might be possible to buy a small English club and merge Rangers into it, but it would be a complicated and unpopular option.

IF we're liquidated:

No Euro income in the SPL for 3 years

75% prize money forfeit in the SPL

20+ points deduction in the SPL

+ Playing kids so mid table at best

Novelty factor in SFL would hold fans' interest

Kids in 1st team under less pressure

Build up retained profit for 3 years in SFL

Celtic faced with a 11/1 voting scenario with us in Div 3

We are seen to be paying our dues. No favours.

It's my preferred option for a newco for the above reasons.

IF we're liquidated:

No Euro income in the SPL for 3 years

75% prize money forfeit in the SPL

20+ points deduction in the SPL

+ Playing kids so mid table at best

Novelty factor in SFL would hold fans' interest

Kids in 1st team under less pressure

Build up retained profit for 3 years in SFL

Celtic faced with a 11/1 voting scenario with us in Div 3

We are seen to be paying our dues. No favours.

It's my preferred option for a newco for the above reasons.

Where does this retained profit come from?