Rangers in the 3rd Div

Top post back there Danny. :thup:

England would be my preferred option but I think it will take something like a continued campaign by the authorities to undermine the club and put it in an unfair position for UEFA and England to get involved.

Wait a minute isn't that what the SFA are doing as we speak.

It's a real pity that nobody with any likelyhood of controlling the club thinks the same way we do, I could stomach 5 years of English lower lower league football if it meant we had something big to aim for but starting in the Scottish 3rd division with nothing better than the, by then, Celtic controlled SPL doesn't really fill me with excitement.

Maybe the time is right to hold some sort of poll or demonstration that would show how many of us actually would be prepared to start from scratch in England?

I'm not so sure Celtic would get their own way. The other 11 SPL clubs would turn on them if they got the upper hand in the vote.

I agree with you about Scottish football not having much of a future though - but that would be true even if none of this crap had ever happened. We've seen a marked decline in the team over the past few years - which should have been much steeper if SDM had been sensible with the cash. At the moment English Championship sides can outbid the Scottish champions, so a move to England would clearly be the way to go financially speaking. A buy-out would speed things up but I'm uncomfortable with the idea of shafting someone else's club to save ours.

It's a bit of a risk to say the least though. For example, Scottish Independence (heaven forbid) would seriously screw the whole thing up.

The other 11 SPL clubs would turn on them if they got the upper hand in the vote.

That's something I've been mulling over for a couple of days!!!! In order to get the other SPL sides on board - Rangers should vote through the voting changes!!!

The SPL influenced bosses want to make it difficult for us - so lets make it difficult for them. Side with the other clubs, get the voting changed, then we'll see how much of an influence Celtic REALLY have in the league. At present they rely on us...I say we opt to change that.

By siding with the other clubs, it would also make it more likely that in the event of a newco, we could retain our SPL membership.

That's something I've been mulling over for a couple of days!!!! In order to get the other SPL sides on board - Rangers should vote through the voting changes!!!

The SPL influenced bosses want to make it difficult for us - so lets make it difficult for them. Side with the other clubs, get the voting changed, then we'll see how much of an influence Celtic REALLY have in the league. At present they rely on us...I say we opt to change that.

By siding with the other clubs, it would also make it more likely that in the event of a newco, we could retain our SPL membership.

Have said this before but they would need to change some of the proposals on the table, would accept a reduction in prize money of 40% but the points deductions would need to go.

After reading about the English league clubs voting a spending cap in, now would be a good time to get the same in place up here can you imagine the look on Liewells face if that got voted in.

That is the way the world works, whether people think it's fair or not.

Yes, and it's also the way of the world for people to fight injustice or at least protest about it. Surprised you didn't know that.

Anyone who thinks we can escape the sanctions put in place by our own national association, by going cap in hand to another one, is nuts. The FA would not allow us to move there.

I'd be surprised if you knew exactly what the FA would do in all scenarios. You seem to be assuming more knowledge than you actually have. Exploring possibilities is hardly nuts - I would say that is the domain of people who don't consider their options.

Income would fall dramatically too. The up-keep of Ibrox and Murray Park would also be a huge drain on finances.

If our supporters are as loyal as they like to think they are, the drop in income might not be so dramatic. The upkeep of Ibrox could be reduced - especially by not playing Celtic. ;)

But the point is that the biggest expense by a long way is wages and the biggest income is gate receipts. Half the first and minimise the drop in the second and you have a sustainable model.

If Div. 3 was such a draw, we would have gone years ago.

And you call other people, "nuts"! Do we really have to explain to you about the current situation?

I'm not so sure Celtic would get their own way. The other 11 SPL clubs would turn on them if they got the upper hand in the vote.

You would think they would post-pone their vote until next season in case we're not there. That could be amusing - Celtic force us to leave the SPL and then get out voted 11-1 for changes in the voting system to 8-4. Then the greedy SPL clubs start using this power to dismantle the financial advantage of one club - more even TV and sponsorship money payments, proportion of gate receipts paid to away team, wage cap etc. We could come back to find them struggling rather than dominating.

That would then affect us but maybe it's the shot in the arm the whole of Scottish football needs.