Rangers Fans Unite - Hampden March 28/04/2012 - UPDATE PLEASE READ!

I'm all for it, I just hope everyone is too, otherwise what's the point?

I put £50 into the fighting fund which may not be very much, but if all the people who went to Manchester did the same, and also plenty who didn't go, then we'd have over £10m in the fund.

If you can afford £100-200 to go to Manchester you can afford 50 quid to save your club. There's just not enough people walking the walk.

There's a hard core of people doing something for the club but there seems to be a vast majority who just can't be bothered beyond having a moan.

Some of the stuff is easy and actually saves you money - don't go to away games, cancel your Sky deal and don't go to MacDee's. How hard can it be?

Agreed. I heard an impassioned plea from one of the guys running the RFFF last night. It's still of vital importance that the cash continues to be given into it and there are a few cash raising exercises over the next few weeks, but there's nothing to stop us all giving what we can afford to help the club. Every penny counts at the moment.

Just to clear one thing up - this is asking for us to boycott these companies in light of the fact they sponsor the national game/SFA? Have I got this correct?

Yes, it's the fact that they sponsor the SFA.

Vinny‏@DarcheVinnyReply

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

The SFA have apparently threatened Park's of Hamilton with legal action, as Douglas Park is wanting his company name off the SFA website.

Yes, it's the fact that they sponsor the SFA.

I use Sky Sports and I eat Mars Bars. I like both. I hate the SFA. I don't eat McDonalds or use the services of a lot of the other sponsors. I sort of understand why this boycott has been proposed, but at the end of the day all we'd end up doing is losing out on the services of massive companies. They are not going to stop sponsoring SFA given contracts are in place legally.

So all the boycott is doing is hurting their profits and isn't really making any difference to their sponsorship of the SFA.

It's the SFA directly we should target, not their sponsors.

Some way to publicly discredit the SFA and encourage sponsors to withdraw at the end of their contracts.

I was at a FIFA Futsal course all day today... so I show up at 8.30 to collect the course materials.... they give us a set of gear and holdall etc etc.... I open it up and what do I get ??

An Adidas tracksuit

An Adidas training suit

Another Adidas training suit

3 pairs of Adidas socks

An Adidas sports holdall

A pair of Adidas trainers.

I swear these bassas knew I am a Rangers fan trying to boycott SFA sponsors. I couldnt even refuse to wear it as they took photos and we needed to wear the gear for the training course.

CNUTS !!

I was at a FIFA Futsal course all day today... so I show up at 8.30 to collect the course materials.... they give us a set of gear and holdall etc etc.... I open it up and what do I get ??

An Adidas tracksuit

An Adidas training suit

Another Adidas training suit

3 pairs of Adidas socks

An Adidas sports holdall

A pair of Adidas trainers.

I swear these bassas knew I am a Rangers fan trying to boycott SFA sponsors. I couldnt even refuse to wear it as they took photos and we needed to wear the gear for the training course.

CNUTS !!

Got to say craig, I'm pretty surprised at your reaction to this boycott stuff. :D

Got to say craig, I'm pretty surprised at your reaction to this boycott stuff. :D

Trust me, when I saw it I seriously considered walking out. Sadly, FIFA paid about $60k to bring this course to Bermuda. So I was compelled, however, my disgust was registered :D

Guest ibrox64

if the boycotted sponsors see some resolve and hear solid explanations they could put pressure on the SFA. Unfortunately, I cannot do much to the SFA directly but i can eagerly boycott corporate sponsors like ADIDAS and substitute other providers. If even one major sponsor decided not to renew it could help the cause as it is a competitive market out there and no one wants to lose customers by default.

Edited by ibrox64

if the boycotted sponsors see some resolve and hear solid explanations they could put pressure on the SFA. Unfortunately, I cannot do much to the SFA directly but i can eagerly boycott corporate sponsors like ADIDAS and substitute other providers. If even one major sponsor decided not to renew it could help the cause as it is a competitive market out there and no one wants to lose customers by default.

I can't help wondering if massive companies like Adidas and micky D's give a shit about us. They sponsor Scottish football, but only for their own reasons and we can't demand much more than that from them.

I use Sky Sports and I eat Mars Bars. I like both. I hate the SFA. I don't eat McDonalds or use the services of a lot of the other sponsors. I sort of understand why this boycott has been proposed, but at the end of the day all we'd end up doing is losing out on the services of massive companies. They are not going to stop sponsoring SFA given contracts are in place legally.

So all the boycott is doing is hurting their profits and isn't really making any difference to their sponsorship of the SFA.

It's the SFA directly we should target, not their sponsors.

Some way to publicly discredit the SFA and encourage sponsors to withdraw at the end of their contracts.

There’s a bigger picture. it’s getting newspaper inches and mentions on the TV. That’s the objective here.