Preferred Bidder in 24 Hours!

Well that's me told :D I'll give you this Frankie, you get to the point better than Cal does!

It’s not a case of you being told. There’s no point in harking on. Everyone knows what he did

Sorry Cal, until you post your opinion as such, rather than painting it as factual, it's hard to rebut.

Actually is easier to rebut an assertion of fact as you can say why it's not true. It's harder to rebut something that's "in my opinion" as that is a fact you can't argue with.

However, I think it's taken as read that it's my opinion and I'd rather not start every sentence with IMHO, it get's tedious. However, I did frame my whole post with the phrase "try to explain". Providing an explanation is basically fitting a theory to what is known. I also put plenty of words like "doubt", "assumed", "possibility", "unlikely", and "probably". I do often put "I think" or "I believe" before stuff and I'll never back something up as fact if I don't totally believe it is.

I think you're just making excuses and the weird thing is you are guilty of the same thing including presuming to know what I think without me telling you. Instead of rebutting you're just obfuscating the whole debating process.

One small example:

"CW knew that and decided he was man enough and mean enough to do a very dirty job and get paid handsomely for it.

You seriously telling me this is just you illustrating your opinion? You've stated this as a categorical fact - no grey area."

And your posts are full of it - it's hard to know where your opinion starts and ends. Hence it is difficult to reply to.

That's not a categorical fact - even by definition I can't know what he knows and what he doesn't it's part of an explanation that fits the scenario. And I can't see where the difficulty arises in arguing against it if you believe differently.

And given you're basically throwing my argument back at me and screaming that 'you're using conjecture too - extreme views at that' - it makes debate slightly tricky.

I was merely showing you how your reply also applies to yourself. If it makes debate tricky then maybe you can see where I stand with you.

So imagine a big disclaimer before my post that says it's my opinion - and maybe debate instead of this silliness?

Edited by calscot

Call me a discourse analyst. I like words to mean what they say.

My posts, when I convey an opinion, I do so as one, and make it clear. Of course, I am only human, and occasionally I may error, but I generally like to be clear on what is fact and what is my own opinion.

Just because you think it's silly to object to people being vague and unclear, doesn't make it so.

One thing though: our little exchange here highlights how temporary this whole happy families thing was. Surely you can agree on that?

Second thread I've been on tonight which has gone completely off tangent, come on lads.

BTW Kennedy is at Ibrox tonight.

Heard that. I also heard a little bird saying that both bids are floundering. Miller has been rejected and TBK have pulled out due to Whyte wanting cash for his shares.

Just a rumour, don't shoot the messenger.

Heard that. I also heard a little bird saying that both bids are floundering. Miller has been rejected and TBK have pulled out due to Whyte wanting cash for his shares.

Just a rumour, don't shoot the messenger.

You make yoursellf a big target though ...

Snatched from FF (again)

Marc ‏@MarcAnderson_1

@rangersfctrust Bumped into Brian Kennedy, asked him a few questions and got this response

Marc ‏@MarcAnderson_1

@rangersfctrust ''Delay of Process is due to the administrators and also the SFA. The Blue Knights and my bid has a new-co as a LAST RESORT'

Marc ‏@MarcAnderson_1

@rangersfctrust ''We hope that we will be named as preferred bidder by end of the week''