Missing the point CJ we made nothing this year and I seriously doubt with the spending cuts that we would get anywhere for the next couple of years. So a 3 year ban is nothing much to worry about for us totally different if you have a club who rely on this money as we showed this year and that has to stop. So going cold turkey for 3 years to get the house in order is not the worst thing in the world.

....and after the three years is up we'll just slip back in as seeds in CLQ3 like nothing has happened. You're the one missing the point and coming out with simplistic analysis.

You spend what you make its that simple it's going to be bloody hard but it has to be done better to get ahead of the rest on this.

I agree that it applies to Rangers going forward in terms of spending what we earn but i dont think these laws will ever apply to the likes of Man City, Barca and Madrid. They just cant it's that simple, not the way these clubs run and will continue to do so.

The big question for Rangers going forward is how do we intend on living within our means?

What i mean is clubs that survive and prosper in this way are very well run, they have great scouting networks, great coaching, buy low and sell high type of stuff. Now lets fact it Rangers for the last 20 years and more have been the complete oposite of this.

Do we have the right manager, scouts, coaches to do this? I would say no on all counts.

Edited by CumbernauldGers

No there have been no such reports. Unless you are talking about from the media who told us CW was a billionaire. The same media that told us that TBK would easily achieve a CVA.

When will you realise that you cannot trust the media?

If HMRC play ball then they will have to with every other club. If they were going to play ball they would have done so by now.

That would also be the same media that exposed the Ticketus deal, and the non-payment of PAYE etc!!!

Under Miller's plan, the way I see it is that Creditors don't really have a choice in the matter. You take your share of £11m via a CVA or you liquidate, and get share of £11m.

The reasons that HMRC haven't played ball so far is that they weren't willing to play with Whyte!!! Once in Administration, there needs to be an acceptable, confirmed bid/offer on the table - until yesterday that simply hadn't happened.

You're talking about HMRC being offered a multi-million quid settlement. Just where are you getting these figures from?

HMRC & Ticketus are the largest creditors - they will get the biggest payout of any CVA pot (which is looking like circa £11m). That will equate to a multi-million payout!!!

You spend what you make its that simple it's going to be bloody hard but it has to be done better to get ahead of the rest on this.

This needs to be the way forward, it might result in a weakened first team and relying more on youth but it's the way the club needs to operate going forward. I also don't buy this panic for lack of European football. Sure it would be beneficial but we should be at least cutting even without European football and any income received from this should be regarded as a bonus. Dangerous game to play if we are relying on this as a source of income.

I will quite happily support the growth of home grown talent and boosting the squad with the odd experienced player to help steer the ship (Bocanegra) who doesn't break the bank. I do think we need to end the days of just signing any old jonny foreigner (Bedoya's, McKay's etc) when there is potentially a replacement in our youth squad. Paying wages to these players who are not contributing needs to stop.

HMRC & Ticketus are the largest creditors - they will get the biggest payout of any CVA pot (which is looking like circa £11m). That will equate to a multi-million payout!!!

There will be plenty of deductions from that amount before either of those two get a sniff of it. Half of it, and that's a conservative estimate.

This needs to be the way forward, it might result in a weakened first team and relying more on youth but it's the way the club needs to operate going forward. I also don't buy this panic for lack of European football. Sure it would be beneficial but we should be at least cutting even without European football and any income received from this should be regarded as a bonus. Dangerous game to play if we are relying on this as a source of income.

I will quite happily support the growth of home grown talent and boosting the squad with the odd experienced player to help steer the ship (Bocanegra) who doesn't break the bank. I do think we need to end the days of just signing any old jonny foreigner (Bedoya's, McKay's etc) when there is potentially a replacement in our youth squad. Paying wages to these players who are not contributing needs to stop.

Attracting players like Bocanegra, without the lure of European football will be increasingly difficult.

Guest carter001
HMRC are already pissed with Rangers. With this approach by Bill Miller do you think they will just accept a CVA?

They want to make an example of us so they can go after the bigger clubs down south.

If they accept this approach from us then they have no chance of getting anything from other clubs.

This approach will ensure they block a CVA. I reckon the would have done so anyway given the above points.

HMRC and Rangers is completely different from HMRC and the big clubs down south.

Rangers are in the shitter and anything they can salvage from us is a bonus. Rangers are screwed anyway, even without what we owe to HMRC.

The clubs in England that they are chasing are not on the brink of liquidation and I cannot see them using the 'accept this amount or we will liquidate and you'll get heehaw' like what we have.

They might but, we actually mean it! :-)