No there have been no such reports. Unless you are talking about from the media who told us CW was a billionaire. The same media that told us that TBK would easily achieve a CVA.

When will you realise that you cannot trust the media?

If HMRC play ball then they will have to with every other club. If they were going to play ball they would have done so by now.

So just what do you want us to do because going by your take on this a CVA is not happening, and Miller is just an asset stripper who will sell everything to god knows who, who will pay more than he just did ( need to get that person to buy my house ). So why not just come out and say you think Rangers are done stick a pin in us and let's all go play golf every Saturday.

Instead of trying to be Billy know all what about telling us your view on getting out of this mess I take it you have one?

....and after the three years is up we'll just slip back in as seeds in CLQ3 like nothing has happened. You're the one missing the point and coming out with simplistic analysis.

That's happening anyway because the co-efficient is bloody terrible we don't need a ban for that. After the 3 years we get stuck in and hopefully in another few years we might actually make some kind of impression in Europe again.

That's happening anyway because the co-efficient is bloody terrible we don't need a ban for that. After the 3 years we get stuck in and hopefully in another few years we might actually make some kind of impression in Europe again.

Aye, and Honved and Sparta Rotterdam will also be mixing with Europe's best once again.

I agree that it applies to Rangers going forward in terms of spending what we earn but i dont think these laws will ever apply to the likes of Man City, Barca and Madrid. They just cant it's that simple, not the way these clubs run and will continue to do so.

The big question for Rangers going forward is how do we intend on living within our means?

What i mean is clubs that survive and prosper in this way are very well run, they have great scouting networks, great coaching, buy low and sell high type of stuff. Now lets fact it Rangers for the last 20 years and more have been the complete oposite of this.

Do we have the right manager, scouts, coaches to do this? I would say no on all counts.

Agree CG it will take a total change of attitude at Auchenhowie, we really will need a conveyor belt of talent but it could also be a good thing and we might find we have more talent and good young players that just need a chance.

Sadly, Champions' League qualification is becoming a bigger and bigger ask these days anyway. For teams like ours, who aren't in a lucrative domestic league, it's a massive gamble to spend money on quality in the hope of getting into the groups. And the consolation prize of Europa league football is a poison chalice - less financially rewarding, unglamorous ties in the far reaches of the UEFA zone that are more of a drain on resources than anything else. Building a team that's good to win the SPL, and considering European TV/prize money a bonus is, depressingly, the sensible way to go. I live in hope that, in the future, the internet will free us from the SPL-negotiated TV deals and we'll be able to set up our own PPV service.

Aye, and Honved and Sparta Rotterdam will also be mixing with Europe's best once again.

As you keep telling me CJ I don't give a monkeys about them, this is about us working hard and getting not just back to the low rungs of the ladder that we are on at the moment but starting to climb that ladder again.

If the club doesn't strive to better itself in Europe then what's the point of going on we might as well just close the doors on the 14th of May and call it a day. But first we have to get the house in order at home take the 3 years to build a team not just to win the league but bloody some noses in Europe as well.

The silly thing about HMRC is that they've created a lose-lose situation.

They've lost the tax payer quite a bit of money and shows that if you push too far you can get your fingers burnt. Compromise is usually better.

In this case, it's reported that Rangers at various times under Murray and Whyte have tried to do a deal with HMRC which involved settling paying a manageable amount over a reasonable period of time - for argument say £20m over 20 years.

However, it was reported they refused time and again and so forced the situation where Whyte took over and then went for bust. This has led to HMRC losing out on a further £13m of PAYE and VAT.

Now supposing they get £5m from the CVA or liquidation - compare that to the £33m they could have realised if they had compromised and done a deal...

So they could have cost the tax payer over £28m and at the same time ruined a footballing institution. Sounds completely stupid and incompetent to me and it's why I think they are one of the biggest shoulders of blame for the whole fiasco. Total idiots IMHO.

What was the point apart from possibly scaring other clubs and companies?

Agree CG it will take a total change of attitude at Auchenhowie, we really will need a conveyor belt of talent but it could also be a good thing and we might find we have more talent and good young players that just need a chance.

It was not a go at anybody at Ibrox at the moment, just an honest view on where were at. Lets face it apart from a few years we have spent money and more money and got nowhere apart from 1 final and a few SPL titles.

Now i'm not saying this is a good place to be in, but i hope Rangers learn from this and use it as an opertunity to re-invent the club as a proper football playing club that produces good young players.

It was not a go at anybody at Ibrox at the moment, just an honest view on where were at. Lets face it apart from a few years we have spent money and more money and got nowhere apart from 1 final and a few SPL titles.

Now i'm not saying this is a good place to be in, but i hope Rangers learn from this and use it as an opertunity to re-invent the club as a proper football playing club that produces good young players.

Think we also need to get realistic when it comes to the CL, we will never win it but a don't see why we can't get out of the groups on a regular basis with a team mainly built at home, or into the later stages of the Thursday cup this all achievable with the right planning in place.