Kennedy And Whyte In Discussions

CVA is till the preferred option because we wouldn't be banned for Europe for 3 years, is that correct?

I'd have certainly thought so. Remains to be seen if Whyte can be convinced to sell his shares.

CVA is till the preferred option because we wouldn't be banned for Europe for 3 years, is that correct?

Yes. People shouldn't get mix things up here though. Being banned from Europe would most likely happen if a newco is founded and takes up the share which Rangers FC plc held thus far in the SPL. Had e.g. the Blue Knights offer been big enough, they could have become preferred bidders and went for a CVA while the club itself would be kept in administration for as long as this takes. That would have meant a 10 point penalty for next season if we were in admin at the start of it, but nothing more. We don't have European football anyway. The "only" downside would be the running costs of the admins.

Edited by der Berliner

Yes. People shouldn't get mix things up here though. Being banned from Europe would most likely happen if a newco is founded and takes up the share which Rangers FC plc held thus far in the SPL. Had e.g. the Blue Knights offer been big enough, they could have become preferred bidders and went for a CVA while the club itself would be kept in administration for as long as this takes. That would have meant a 10 point penalty for next season if we were in admin at the start of it, but nothing more. We don't have European football anyway. The "only" downside would be the running costs of the admins.

And that would probably be more than we would earn in Europe.

No doubt about that. Though I would doubt that you'd need the full administration team to "run" a club.

BTW, now that the SPL vote has been postponed again, Miller is said to have more time to negotiate with the SPL. But who is he actually talking to?

And while I am at it, will he speak to these people solely via phone? Might send out a "strange" message to these people ... and others connected to the deal. Then again, he probably made the same with the admins.

No doubt about that. Though I would doubt that you'd need the full administration team to "run" a club.

BTW, now that the SPL vote has been postponed again, Miller is said to have more time to negotiate with the SPL. But who is he actually talking to?

And while I am at it, will he speak to these people solely via phone? Might send out a "strange" message to these people ... and others connected to the deal. Then again, he probably made the same with the admins.

If Doncaster is to believed, he's hardly speaking to anyone. He has stated that the only contact was one short conference call.

Yes, there's always the possibility that McCoist was actually a Celtic-Fan when he was 6.

The point with most people who are not Craig Whyte is that you can actually verify the information.

It was verified before whyte took over that he was no Rangers supporter despite his non existent corporate box at Ibrox and no one having ever seen him there or heard of him.

A little digging into kennedy's past liquidations may give cause for caution, but there again it didn't with whyte.

It was verified before whyte took over that he was no Rangers supporter despite his non existent corporate box at Ibrox and no one having ever seen him there or heard of him.

A little digging into kennedy's past liquidations may give cause for caution, but there again it didn't with whyte.

As has been said, his wife and her family are diehard Bluenoses and if I remember it correctly, because of that he got engaged with us. You can always ease your distrust by digging info on him up yourself. As opposed to Whyte, there's plenty out there.

Whyte was a Rangers fan and I know someone who stayed in the same apartment block as he did who remembers him heading off to Ibrox regularly.

As has been said, his wife and her family are diehard Bluenoses and if I remember it correctly, because of that he got engaged with us. You can always ease your distrust by digging info on him up yourself. As opposed to Whyte, there's plenty out there.

I had all the info I ever needed on whyte years ago, I did say someone would be along to tell us he was a Rangers supporter, seems I wasn't wrong only thing is he isn't and never was despite apartment block gossip.

I had all the info I ever needed on whyte years ago, I did say someone would be along to tell us he was a Rangers supporter, seems I wasn't wrong only thing is he isn't and never was despite apartment block gossip.

See if all you people in the Know had passed all this information

years ago
we may not be in the situation we are now in. "I knew it"is almost always used after the deed has been done.