Why would a CVA be rejected?

As far as the CVA goes, it will take just over 25% of the creditors named in the £55M list the Admin released weeks ago to reject the CVA in order for it to fail.

As an individual entity, only Ticketus have this power as they are owed around half the total debt. HMRC has just under 25% (about 23.5%) and so could not block this alone, but would have to rely on others (perhaps football clubs,) to get to over 25%.

As Green and the Admin are both on record as saying they have discussed matters with both ticketus and HMRC and are going forward positively with the CVA, you can only take from that that both parties are going to accept the CVA offer.

I really dont see any problems for the CVA being agreed. I have never doubted that HMRC would be easy to deal with, it was only the treacherous Ticketus organisation that I seen as a potential problem.

I would reming Green and the Admin that TBk had a "deal" done twice with Ticketus only to be shafted at the last minute by them, so until the CVA is agreed, and the 28 day cooling off period has passed, I would be watching them very carefully.

Very unlike you Frankie, and therefore I'm a little intrigued at your concerns on this deal. Care to elaborate?

I'm not convinced over Green's background and some of the names linked with his group.

There's other stuff I can't share unfortunately so, while I'm as cautiously optimistic as the next bear, I'm once bitten, twice shy when it comes to Rangers owner. Today's comments from McDonald in the Express aren't helping.

As far as the CVA goes, it will take just over 25% of the creditors named in the £55M list the Admin released weeks ago to reject the CVA in order for it to fail.

As an individual entity, only Ticketus have this power as they are owed around half the total debt. HMRC has just under 25% (about 23.5%) and so could not block this alone, but would have to rely on others (perhaps football clubs,) to get to over 25%.

As Green and the Admin are both on record as saying they have discussed matters with both ticketus and HMRC and are going forward positively with the CVA, you can only take from that that both parties are going to accept the CVA offer.

I really dont see any problems for the CVA being agreed. I have never doubted that HMRC would be easy to deal with, it was only the treacherous Ticketus organisation that I seen as a potential problem.

I would reming Green and the Admin that TBk had a "deal" done twice with Ticketus only to be shafted at the last minute by them, so until the CVA is agreed, and the 28 day cooling off period has passed, I would be watching them very carefully.

Again, I'm not convinced it's as simple as that.

Already we have Green and D&P both saying a CVA is unlikely (I wish the admin would make up their mind) so perhaps a newco remains the likely outcome. Also, as mentioned in another thread, what happens with the BTC should a CVA be successful?

And lets remember DM had no option but to sell to CW as LBG told him to. LBG didnt care where the money came from or who it came from, they just wanted their money back.

Agree mate, i dont think we can beleive any of the rubbish from the CW takeover in term of funds it was all lies from day 1. Thats why i think it's unfair everytime somebody linked with Rangers gets accused of just doing what CW did or said.

If we rate every possible new owner as a CW then whats the point in getting a new owner?

Agree mate, i dont think we can beleive any of the rubbish from the CW takeover in term of funds it was all lies from day 1. Thats why i think it's unfair everytime somebody linked with Rangers gets accused of just doing what CW did or said.

If we rate every possible new owner as a CW then whats the point in getting a new owner?

Yeah, it's important to keep a bit of perspective.

The criticism of Green and McDonald from Sheffield seems mainly to be that they did a poor job and made bad decisions - it wasn't anything on the scale of what Whyte has done - i.e. taken the club for a joyride, crashed it and ran away.

This is an obvious understatement, but we badly need someone who knows what they're doing to steer the club though.