Seven Ibrox stars worth £25m can go for just £8m following pay cut deals

They wouldn't have if he played in the SPL.

Of course not, but even taking the SPL into account I think McGregor is worth at least £7m and I think it would be a big mistake to sell him for less.

You have take into account that McGregor has at least 20 international caps and played in about 40 European matches for Rangers. He's got 3 SPL winner medals, 3 Scottish Cup winner medals and 5 League Cup winner medals. As a 30 year old goalkeeper he's got plenty years left in him as well.

EPL club's will pay what they need to pay to get a player they like. Gordon sold for about £9m in 2007 and look what EPL clubs have paid for other Scottish players they wanted such as Charlie Adam and Steven Fletcher.

We shouldn't under-value a player as good as McGregor!

The way I see it, the players will wait until the beginning of July and assess the situation at that point.

Assuming that Whyte's shareholding has been transferred, we've achieved a CVA, they like what the new owners have to say and they've been paid their full salary as per the agreement for their contracts reverting back to normal on June 1st, I don't think any will be wanting to leave.

Anything other than these outcomes and the players are going to have decisions to make.

That said, it also probably depends on what sort of opportunity their agents are able to present to them.

Of course not, but even taking the SPL into account I think McGregor is worth at least £7m and I think it would be a big mistake to sell him for less.

You have take into account that McGregor has at least 20 international caps and played in about 40 European matches for Rangers. He's got 3 SPL winner medals, 3 Scottish Cup winner medals and 5 League Cup winner medals. As a 30 year old goalkeeper he's got plenty years left in him as well.

EPL club's will pay what they need to pay to get a player they like. Gordon sold for about £9m in 2007 and look what EPL clubs have paid for other Scottish players they wanted such as Charlie Adam and Steven Fletcher.

I've heard Joe Hart being labelled "The Best Goalkeeper In The World" lately and if that is the case then Shagger is in the top 5 easily. I know it's English arrogance about Joe Hart but we need to try and claim some of that for ourselves. Jelavic going down there and being immediately well thought of is proof that there is talent up here and McGregor falls into that bracket. If we get less than £7m for him it will be a travesty.

I've heard Joe Hart being labelled "The Best Goalkeeper In The World" lately and if that is the case then Shagger is in the top 5 easily. I know it's English arrogance about Joe Hart but we need to try and claim some of that for ourselves. Jelavic going down there and being immediately well thought of is proof that there is talent up here and McGregor falls into that bracket. If we get less than £7m for him it will be a travesty.

LOL, that's pretty funny regarding Hart! :D

Very good keeper, but the best in the world? I don't think so. People forget that a goalkeeper's job varies massively depending on the quality and performances of the 10 players playing in front of him. The fact that Hart made so few saves in the league this season (less than 100) and yet City won the title is proof of that.

Jelavic, now there's a sore point. I'm bitterly disappointed that Craig Whyte sold him for so little just before flicking the switch on the club. Everton will make an absolute killing on that player if they chose to sell him. They'll be valuing him at £20m already. :facepalm:

I'm not trying to disagree with you Zappa - I agree he's a quality keeper, in fact I think about the best I've seen in my 30+ years of watching The Rangers. But the achievements you list there - important to us as they are - are like Cloughie going into the Leeds Utd dressing room. 'You can chuck all them in the bin!'

They mean nada to English purchasers. Plus, adam only commanded the £9m fee coz he had played in the EPL, while Fletcher has been around and about for three or four seasons now. If he was still in Edinburgh he's be worth much, much less.

As much as I agree with you, I can't see how we can enforce a fee of around £7m.