Seven Ibrox stars worth £25m can go for just £8m following pay cut deals

Well at l suppose that's at least £8m more than we'd get if we end up down the newco route.

Does anybody really expect that even if we get a CVA that no players will exercise their option?

The clauses were put in there for a reason, and it certainly wasn't one which benefitted Rangers.

Davis - 5m no chance, 2.5 - 3 at best

McGregor - 9m no chance, 5 at very best and probly nearer 3 or 4

Edu - I'd bite your hand off for that

These are SPL players and don't go for EPL fees, nor anything like. The Record is over egging their pudding a bit, there.

But still, sad days.

Oh I know that, what fun will there be come June 1 if Craig Whyte hasn't left the building?

I think it will all depend on the state that Green's bid has reached.

By 1st June, The CVA proposal should be out with creditors, with the meeting following on the 6th (allegedly). If the takeover is still progressing positively, I believe the vast majority of the players will stay. If its looking a bit shaky, only the true Blue-noses will stay. If its collapsed, I think most will cash in.

The likes of Whittaker, Edu and Goian could be easily replaced IMO. Like I've said on here before the wage bill will need to be cut next year anyway and young players must be given the chance.

Make no mistake next season will be an uphill task for everyone connected with the club. It's up to us as fans to back the young players and the management and build the club from there. Short term pain for the long term benefit of the club.

Oh I know that, what fun will there be come June 1 if Craig Whyte hasn't left the building?

He won't have gone by then. Any player who chose to trigger a release would recoup any monies they gave up, and then some.

McGregor - 9m no chance, 5 at very best and probly nearer 3 or 4

Man Utd paid £17m for David de Gea last summer and the lad's got wonky eyesight.

Under normal circumstances I think McGregor's price tag should be £10m with a view to accepting no less than £7m for him.

Man Utd paid £17m for David de Gea last summer and the lad's got wonky eyesight.

Under normal circumstances I think McGregor's price tag should be £10m with a view to accepting no less than £7m for him.

They wouldn't have if he played in the SPL.