Transfer bans illegal???

In which case it must breach some kind of legislation due to age discrimination?

If we already had transfers lined up (for instance pre-contract agreements) before the ban was put in place then I would agree.

If we already had transfers lined up (for instance pre-contract agreements) before the ban was put in place then I would agree.

Disagree. Effectively SFA are saying that an over 18 from anywhere can't ply his trade with Rangers but can ply it anywhere else.

Disagree. Effectively SFA are saying that an over 18 from anywhere can't ply his trade with Rangers but can ply it anywhere else.

I get what you're saying, but it's purely a transfer ban that doesn't apply to our existing over 18's. A newco scenario is still a bit of a grey area on that one, but as far as I can see the SFA actually do have the right to apply such a ruling and our best bet is going to be to take it up with FIFA in the hope that they can manage to make a decision in time for the Jan transfer window.

i never had very high expectations for next season transfer ban or not. i certainly dont expect expect to win the league. we do have an excellent opportunity to develop our younger players and it will be fantastic to see them getting a chance. we have been crying out for years for our youth to be given a go and although it has been forced upon us it is certainly no bad thing.

Im no expert on where our youth teams are concerned but off the top off my head i can name half a dozen . Perry, Cole, McCabe, Hutton, Little, Ness and Fleck Have all played for the first team and have all showed some promise. I have high hopes for most of them given what ive seen.

And it could save us millions in the long run. The short term hit of not being able to add to our squad will actually help us in the long term financially and if the likes of Ness & Mccabe for example develop into the players that they are threatening to be then it could save us millions in transfer fees next season.

I foresee a long season ahead but for me their is plenty of light at the end of the tunnel. It may not work out but the potential is there to be tapped. Im prepared to take the hit and if it does work out we just might see one of the greatest Rangers side in decades.

and that is something i would dearly like to see. Legends being made before our very eyes.

Edited by gisabeer

Freedom of movement is restricted by transfer embargo's which is against EU law. Say a player wanted to goto Man City and Man City only and he can't because they have been banned from signing people, embargo's are unworkable as seen by UEFA's back down even if they are enforcing the Financial Fair Play rules. However Sion argued and argued and got nowhere and got themselves a pretty 36 point deduction for a transfer that happened 3/4 years ago, it would have cost Swiss teams European football.

Also Chelsea got one but because they are in a big league they got off with it, although I don't know the ins and outs of it, also pardon my paranoia :P.

Edited by metlika

Thing is that this has nothing to do with UEFA's financial fair play rules as far as the SFA rule book is concerned.

It's being made out to be in accordance with 'fair play' rules to appease the witch hunt brigade and could even have had some ever so slight bearing on the outcome - the SFA are more interested in their perception of public opinion than any UEFA influence in this case.

Edited by UCF2008

Has anybody actually asked out resident expert on the young players who he thinks are ready for that step up, because the last time he was asked I'm sure he thought it was maybe 1 or 2. So this idea that we have a team of young players ready to go is way off the mark if say 5 of that first team walk at the end of the month we are in serious shit.