Dave King claims he has first refusal on Whytes shares

Just out of interest, who apart from Whyte would have known about the non-payment of VAT & PAYE? Only those directly involved in any financial dealings ... and those who were told by the latter? But who are these people then?

I feel this is exactly why a complete clear out is a must - possibly one good thing that Whyte actually did (with hindsight...)

Since Whyte come in a cleared house, there has been a lot of sniping & bitching from the previous club officials. Some of this has proved to be true, the rest has proved to be simply bad blood.

If DK has something legally binding to back up his claim (allegedly from Sept 2011), why has he not said anything about it till now??? The subject of CW's shares have been a hot topic since the club entered Administration, and not a peep has been mentioned or even rumoured.

I was wondering when King would fly in under the Radar. It will not surprise me if he does end up with Whyte's shares and ends up being a head player behind the scenes. The fact that he supposedly paid only 1pound would keep the tax people in SA off his back that he has money he should not have.

Just out of interest, who apart from Whyte would have known about the non-payment of VAT & PAYE? Only those directly involved in any financial dealings ... and those who were told by the latter? But who are these people then?

Apart from Whyte there was Ken Olverman, the financial controller. He's the one who personally dealt with the company payments including the tax payments. Under normal circumstances Olverman would have been dealing regularly with his boss Ali Russell as well as one or two others, but apparently Olverman told the SFA investigation that Whyte told him to deal with him and him alone. Some of the things that Whyte told Olverman to do when he took over a year ago are pretty shocking if true.

I feel this is exactly why a complete clear out is a must - possibly one good thing that Whyte actually did (with hindsight...)

Since Whyte come in a cleared house, there has been a lot of sniping & bitching from the previous club officials. Some of this has proved to be true, the rest has proved to be simply bad blood.

I disagree that Whyte's clear out was a good thing Darthter and I said it a year ago. In my opinion he booted out the board of directors so that he could start destroying the club from the ground up without having a board of executive directors asking him difficult questions. No board = no board meetings = no difficult questions = nobody looking after the club's best interests.

I remember at the time a lot of people were saying how it was commonplace in a business takeover to sack the board and install your own people. Difference is with Whyte that he didn't really install a new board of directors and he didn't hold board meetings with the directors who were left from before the takeover. The man is a fraudster.

I disagree that Whyte's clear out was a good thing Darthter and I said it a year ago. In my opinion he booted out the board of directors so that he could start destroying the club from the ground up without having a board of executive directors asking him difficult questions. No board = no board meetings = no difficult questions = nobody looking after the club's best interests.

I remember at the time a lot of people were saying how it was commonplace in a business takeover to sack the board and install your own people. Difference is with Whyte that he didn't really install a new board of directors and he didn't hold board meetings with the directors who were left from before the takeover. The man is a fraudster.

Can't disagree with any of that....I'm thinking more going forward.

Whyte probably couldn't have done what he did with the previous board in place. However, moving forward, all the "dirty" work has been done - the boardroom is virtually 100% clear (DK being the remainder) for a new owner to install a fresh board and with it a fresh direction for the club.

Can't disagree with any of that....I'm thinking more going forward.

Whyte probably couldn't have done what he did with the previous board in place. However, moving forward, all the "dirty" work has been done - the boardroom is virtually 100% clear (DK being the remainder) for a new owner to install a fresh board and with it a fresh direction for the club.

I wish I shared your optimism, but Whyte did a lot more than just some dirty work when he set about destroying our club. Our ex-CEO Martin Bain was on the SPL board of directors and John McClelland was vice chair of the European Club Association. When will we have our people back in those influencial positions "moving forward"?

We've lost a hell of a lot more than people think.

I wish I shared your optimism, but Whyte did a lot more than just some dirty work when he set about destroying our club. Our ex-CEO Martin Bain was on the SPL board of directors and John McClelland was vice chair of the European Club Association. When will we have our people back in those influencial positions "moving forward"?

We've lost a hell of a lot more than people think.

I get your point about people on certain boards Zappa, but Bain on the SPL board might as well have not been there he nodded when Liewell gave him a kick under the table and that was about it. McCelland is a loss as a really liked him didn't think he was the greatest chairman of Rangers but he knew the business world inside out and had a vast contact list.

It's hard to know the script with King. Buying the shares for £1 wouldn't be a problem to SARS, but the £10m plus it'd cost to agree a CVA / newco and invest in the business would be. He certainly picks his moments, like when everyone was debating Whyte's shares over the last 4 months why didn't he point out then that he has first refusal?

It'd also be intersting to see how HMRC dealt with an individual that's being investigated for tax avoidance in another country as I don't imagine it would go down too well.

All we're needing is for someone to grab the bull by the balls, take control, and get this bloody thing over with. All we're getting is people prancing about pretending to be hard men when in fact they're just shadow boxers in ballerina outfits. It's gone way way way beyond a joke now.