Rangers administration: questions as club move toward creditor meetings

Guest Guardian

I see no reason why Green won't do as he says. He's come up with all the cash he was due to put in.

D & P have said he has time to put in the rest. It would be bad business on his part to deposit that cash now and lose the interest for a month.

As for TBK, their laughable two bit offer wouldn't even have covered the admins fee, and we don't even know where that small amount was coming from. They were happy to assign £10m of our money to paying off Ticketus, which they assured us was a good deal.

That's fair - they are taking somewhat of an initial risk; just like other bidders have when they've all paid for due diligence etc. I'm sure all parties have spent six figure sums at least and Green will have now spent more - funding struggle or not.

However, the fact remains that he will be getting all of his money back (and more). Fair enough, investors expect a return, but just how good will this deal be for the club? That's a difficult question for any of us to answer and I still remain unconvinced over Green and, believe me, I'm as desperate for a resolution on all this as anyone else.

Agree with all that Frankie the return might be a hard pill to swallow but we have no other pills left so we have to hold the nose and gulp. As for how good it will be in the long run we will probably come out just behind, but we will still be here and in a better fiscal state than we have been for a long long time. I see this as a stepping stone to better things and even though the stone is slippy it's a step we have to take.

Can't believe the crap people are getting about being naive about business. You can be in business and make money without shafting everyone.

You could easily put up £8.5m of your own money, get Rangers back on track and sell for a good profit - even if you ONLY made 50% over 5 year that would be a pretty decent return in a recession. How is that spunking your money away?

However, you don't even need to make a direct profit from football to make a return for owning a famous club. The fact you own it is good for the rest of your business.

Celtic are supposedly worth £52m, how are we not worth more than £2 plus a £8.5m loan to be paid back with interest?

There are a lot of people who seem to think we're worth fuck all and then like to ram that down other people's throats.

Can't believe the crap people are getting about being naive about business. You can be in business and make money without shafting everyone.

You could easily put up £8.5m of your own money, get Rangers back on track and sell for a good profit - even if you ONLY made 50% over 5 year that would be a pretty decent return in a recession. How is that spunking your money away?

However, you don't even need to make a direct profit from football to make a return for owning a famous club. The fact you own it is good for the rest of your business.

Celtic are supposedly worth £52m, how are we not worth more than £2 plus a £8.5m loan to be paid back with interest?

There are a lot of people who seem to think we're worth fuck all and then like to ram that down other people's throats.

At the moment we are worth exactly what someone wants to pay for us and by the way all bidders have tried to low ball in this saga it would seem they all agree on that

Believe me no one is going to pay 52m on the Bheggers.

I see no reason why Green won't do as he says. He's come up with all the cash he was due to put in.

D & P have said he has time to put in the rest. It would be bad business on his part to deposit that cash now and lose the interest for a month.

As for TBK, their laughable two bit offer wouldn't even have covered the admins fee, and we don't even know where that small amount was coming from. They were happy to assign £10m of our money to paying off Ticketus, which they assured us was a good deal.

there bid was many things but it certainly was for more than 2 quid :)

and that no one would have a problem with.

greens scammed us all with the help of d&p. its disgusting.

That my friend is easily the most naive take on this whole mess I've heard, what happens to their money if between now and the final payment we go tits up again, it's gone that's the risk they are taking and believe me it takes baws to throw money at us when you've no guarantee its getting thrown back.

now that is naive. they have security in ibrox and mp. that's what happens if it goes tits up.

At the moment we are worth exactly what someone wants to pay for us and by the way all bidders have tried to low ball in this saga it would seem they all agree on that

Believe me no one is going to pay 52m on the Bheggers.

I thought they already had? Fergus left with £30m in his back pocket and how much as Desmond put in?

The figures are irrelevant anyway as the point is that someone would definitely pay £8.5m of their own money for Celtic and probably a hell of a lot more. Our best offer is £2 plus the amazing good grace of a commercial loan, after Rangers were bought last year for £1.

I want to pay a lot more for Rangers and I'll bet thousands of others do too, so your first premise is wrong. All we lack is a vehicle to put our combined bid on.