5 years without European football - how can we cope?

Got to think about the fact of being in the SPL with almost a youth team and a points deduction, we may even get relegated! In that scenario id rather start in Div 3 and work our way back.

If they vote us in then they get more income from TV and our support for that season but overhauling a 25 point gap when all our top players have left would be a horrible situation. Teams and their so called fans would get kicks out of us facing relegation. If we could keep our best players Id bet on us staying up but we'd be around 7th or 8th.

Its not only us who wont be playing European football, this has a massive knock on effect because we gain the majority of co-efficient points for SPL clubs. The SPL runners up and Cup winners would only see Europa league qualifiers and would need to play about 5 rounds to get near the group. Celtic who would likely win the league would probably have to play 2 qualifiers and could be unseeded and come up againt some tough teams and I dont see Mulgrew and Co getting past the likes of Arsenal, Inter or Marseille.

This is not just a very sad day for Rangers but also for Scottish football in general, I dont expect the myopic mopes and supporters of other clubs blinded by hatred and jealousy to understand that though.

This will be the stick used to beat us with forever more .

The SPL need us for TV rights and sponsorship deals.

I've no interest in the English Leagues we are a Scottish club.

Pedantically, there are no English leagues and we have already been a member of the FA and made to the semi-final of the FA cup. It was a British organisation at its concept and we are a British club... Swansea City are in the Premiership and Cardiff City are in the Championship...

Our club and Scottish football will likely be changed forever. Every SPL club will have to downsize its ambitions, we could become just a football backwater like in Ireland or Finland.

Europe could become irrelevant as all our teams will struggle to get to any group stages. Attendances are likely to go down, talent coming through will start to dry up and we'll forever be in the shadow of our now far more glamorous neighbours and being incredibly jealous of the top two teams from Wales who stuck around long enough to get an invite to the party.

I feel football in Scotland is now stuffed with a bleak and barren future both domestically, European-wise and internationally.

Our best hope is to have enough players in England that we start to punch the same weight as a nation as Ireland.

It's a very sad day for Scottish football.

Do keep in mind that in many leagues many teams hardly ever see European football and stay alive and "well".

I for one are not certain whether this 3-year ban will stand straight away, given the peculiar circumstances of our case. That is a topic for Green & Co. to pursue.

I've listened to much debate all day about whether we go to div3 or get back into SPL as a newco.

My view is we'll be re-admitted to SPL. Here's why:-

The SPL currently has an 11-1 voting arrangement which basically means the OF have to give their consent to anything new rulings being voted on. Non OF clubs want this changed to 9-3 which can't currently happen if the OF stick together. However if Rangers agree to support this new 9-3 voting then sufficient SPL clubs will support us retaining our place in the SPL. (We do have a newco vote next week as SPL said today remember).

The downside to this is that the non OF clubs will be able to call some shots if you like. One such demand could be getting a share of gate receipts when the visit Ibrox & Celtic Park. Might not affect us too much in the near future as we'll have massively scaled-down wage bill but for Celtic this could be big trouble.......they already have a massive wage bill and if they fail to make the CL this season ( here's hoping) then watch a firesale in the east end.

Glamour friendlies against other big teams that have fallen by the wayside in Europeans competitions. Play against Teams from England who aren't involved in Europe.

Invite teams from USA to play.

Invite teams to play pre season games - Australian teams for instance.

Money could be brought in with these types of games. And would help build the team up. We could also rotate during these games. Ofcourse, we need to keep a core team... and this is what is going to be very, very difficult.

My view is we'll be re-admitted to SPL.

Agreed. I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if the other clubs vote against us playing in the SPL next season. Some of them have talked up the idea of Rangers getting hammered with all of their nonsense about "sporting integrity", but when the penny drops on Thursday and they then need to make the decision at Hampden soon afterwards I can't see very many clubs voting against our re-entry as a newco. There's cutting your nose of to spite your face and then there's pulling the plug on your life support machine.

Agreed. I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if the other clubs vote against us playing in the SPL next season. Some of them have talked up the idea of Rangers getting hammered with all of their nonsense about "sporting integrity", but when the penny drops on Thursday and they then need to make the decision at Hampden soon afterwards I can't see very many clubs voting against our re-entry as a newco. There's cutting your nose of to spite your face and then there's pulling the plug on your life support machine.

There's plenty of bitterness, and many are scared of their fans not renewing tickets.