The future and our history

So what would you have had us do? There was nothing we could do to stop D&P - Whyte appointed them, they appointed Green as PB. It's all right being negative if you can suggest options at the time something happens. A certain "Maineflyer" on here campaigned relentlessly to turn us all against SDM despite there being no alternative at the time. Now it seems that the best course might have been to stick with Murray and pay our taxes etc. So - in the predicament we are now in: what should we do? Meanng us as ordinary supporters.

oh many things. I went to a protest at ibrox that about 100 people showed up to.

but mostly I would suggest when its patently obvious someone's telling lies instead of making excuses for them people make it clear that's unacceptable.

the no one else stepped up rubbish is what got us here.

Guest de_bear
St Johnstone and Hibs certainly have. I remember Petrie saying we should be punished. Not sure about the other 2

St Mirrens Stuart Gilmour and Inverness' Kenny Camerson had a right go at us for going to court over transfer embargo and wanted us hammered for it. They might fancy the money from us staying up though.

We may see a few SPL teams in the lower leagues in the near future as if the SKY deal goes along with no money from us then i'm sure a number of clubs will go into administration or liquidation.

I really find it sad not many 'Rangers men' were/are willing to put more money into the club. There must be some out there who have money and love the club and would be willing to help?

And surely now a debt free Rangers (even given the Europe ban and possibility of SFL football) would be a good buy if run the correct way by good business men who are not just looking to make a quick buck but are in it for the long haul?

The fans could easily put millions into the club but there are so many fans groups and bigger ego's within them I don't think they can be trusted which makes it hard for the fans to get behind one group or leader.

oh many things. I went to a protest at ibrox that about 100 people showed up to.

but mostly I would suggest when its patently obvious someone's telling lies instead of making excuses for them people make it clear that's unacceptable.

the no one else stepped up rubbish is what got us here.

You're not answering my point: what to do NOW? I'm not having a go at you, I'm hearing what you say. Mass protest for instance?

I really find it sad not many 'Rangers men' were/are willing to put more money into the club. There must be some out there who have money and love the club and would be willing to help?

I think the problem is that the hole was just too big to fill. You'd need over £100m just to make sure we were debt free as a starting point. People don't get rich by throwing £100m away.

And surely now a debt free Rangers (even given the Europe ban and possibility of SFL football) would be a good buy if run the correct way by good business men who are not just looking to make a quick buck but are in it for the long haul?

We still require a lot of investment without much chance of a return. We may even need to buy a whole new squad. Rangers right now are like a classic car that you'd really like to own and is on offer at a knock-down price - but it's looking very shabby and doesn't start...

The fans could easily put millions into the club but there are so many fans groups and bigger ego's within them I don't think they can be trusted which makes it hard for the fans to get behind one group or leader.

That's the biggest problem for fan ownership. If only there was a Rangers fans body promoting fan ownership that they could trust?

Think it's very hard to judge how they will vote, they like to sound all high & mighty in the press for their fans but when it comes to the crunch the bank manager will tell them how to vote.

I for one don't see the point of being in the SPL if they hit us with 3 years of points penalties, and take almost all of our money of us.

According to Hugh Keevins on Talksport, our history is gone, finished, we are no more and our history no use to anyone.

He can f#*k off whenever he likes as the saying goes Keevins ya Bigotted wee prick " I'd rather die with our history than live with yours "

According to Hugh Keevins on Talksport, our history is gone, finished, we are no more and our history no use to anyone.

History can't be erased, that's just silly, but the club we have all grown up with just won't be the same anymore. Anyone claiming otherwise is just as silly as Keevins is.