Paul Clark of Duff and Phelps looking very unhappy leaving Ibrox today

in why we are being liquidated.

zero part in that. whyte took us from 14 million in debt to 48 million inside a year.

that's what will be being investigated.

So how did Whyte get his hands on us?

That's got nothing to do with TBT, you really have to take the blinkers off GS and look at the big picture going back over a decade and more.

It's not hard to see why we are in debt, if you take out loans don't pay them back and don't pay your PAYE/NI. Should be a short investigation for HMRC what's so hard about that to investigate, case closed.

So how did Whyte get his hands on us?

That's got nothing to do with TBT, you really have to take the blinkers off GS and look at the big picture going back over a decade and more.

It's not hard to see why we are in debt, if you take out loans don't pay them back and don't pay your PAYE/NI. Should be a short investigation for HMRC what's so hard about that to investigate in that case closed.

theres money missing for a start.

there's the fact whyte never I.tended us to survive.

there's the fact d&p have been in on it since day one.

etc etc.

the reasons sdm sold us have about as much relevance as the reasons marlboro sold us to hmrc.

unless sdm was in on the con.

theres money missing for a start.

there's the fact whyte never I.tended us to survive.

there's the fact d&p have been in on it since day one.

etc etc.

the reasons sdm sold us have about as much relevance as the reasons marlboro sold us to hmrc.

unless sdm was in on the con.

So Murray is blameless in all this then and there's no need to investigate him, HMRC are investigating back years not just 9 months. By all means investigate D&P but I guarantee you HMRC are after bigger fish.

It had a part to play, but not a direct part in the last few months events and yesterdays decision. It undoubtedly was the motivation behind Lloyds desire to be rid of us. It also allowed people like Whyte to muddy the waters during the season when people spoke about HMRC and what we owed them. It also meant a good number of us took our eye of what was actually happening and spent time and energy looking at what might happen.

But our administration and this weeks liquidation are the direct result of Craig Whyte and Duff & Phelps actions (inactions) over the last 12 months.

This happened to a club our size in 9 months then?

This happened to a club our size in 9 months then?

Well, just over 12 months, yes. This time last year we were not facing liquidation but the wheels were already in motion. My post that you quote needs to read in conjunction with the post I'm replying too though.

I've yet to see anything that suggests SDM has done anything he can get prosecuted for.

It's not illegal to sell a company to a lying dickhead and I doubt that you can get charged for setting up a tax avoidance scheme slightly incorrectly.

There may be more to come out as far as SDM is concerned but I haven't seen anything at the moment that HMRC could go after him for.

This is what I was wondering - what exactly is it, other than the vague accusations of the smelly horde, that HMRC can go after Murray for? And more to the point, given Whyte's recent record, why do they need Rangers FC in this or that position to prosecute him? Surely the law doesn't just go into abeyance when a CVA clicks in - suppose Whyte had murdered someone (not impossible, given who we're talking about, tho he's more likely to be the victim) would a CVA prevent a prosecution?

I fail to understand why we must be liquidated in order to target people, legally speaking. Doesn't add up yet.