Uncertainity prevails over position of Ally McCoist

Are some people actually welcoming this, really?

McCoist managed our club under the most trying of circumstances last season, without a functioning board, with a charlatan owner and against an almost constant backdrop of gossip, innuendo and rumour followed by administration, financial meltdown and a media feeding frenzy the like of which has never been seen before. He apparently went without a salary for a large part of last season and is credited with being the only steadying force at the club, indeed the fulcrum of Rangers for most of last season, during what is arguably the most difficult period in the clubs's history. He did this with the dignity we want from a Rangers manager.

He at the very least should expect to get the same from us.

some people are a bit desperate for green to be a hero. understandable but not very sensible.

super managed last season desperately trying to hold together a squad that whyte was trying to flog to anyone who would listen.

people should remember the look on supers face when he lady ibrox on Jan 31st.

the polar opposite of Paul Clark's on Tuesday for anyone who forgets.

More important things than figureheads just now Frankie.

I love Ally to bits as a Rangers legend but he's out of his depth as manager.

This is clean slate time at Rangers and sentiment doesn't come into it, if the right guys aren't in place the recovery could take a lot longer than it needs too and Ally as manager is not the right man in the right place. And before people start on that Green isn't the right man for CEO I agree, I would have the best man for the job in there on Monday morning. Green doesn't need to be CEO to look for investment.

Ive always said he needs a stronger Assistant and we could see a much better Ally.

But If we had just finished 2nd in the league 3 pts behind Celtic, not in Administration and were looking at a change of manager who is much better Id agree with you, but who on earth could possibly replace McCoist with a team thats about to be liquidated! Im baffled by your stance of not realising the situation.

More important things than figureheads just now Frankie.

I love Ally to bits as a Rangers legend but he's out of his depth as manager.

This is clean slate time at Rangers and sentiment doesn't come into it, if the right guys aren't in place the recovery could take a lot longer than it needs too and Ally as manager is not the right man in the right place. And before people start on that Green isn't the right man for CEO I agree, I would have the best man for the job in there on Monday morning. Green doesn't need to be CEO to look for investment.

Disagree.

We have Sandy Jardine and McCoist left as Rangers men that are any way close to affecting the decision-making while keeping a bond between the playing staff and the boardroom.

McCoist goes (Jardine would probably soon follow) is of huge importance.

I dont think he did brilliant or poor, just OK. He had an awful start but then a fantastic run between Octo and Christmas then the shit hit the fan. Yes he made some poor tactical decisions along the way. But he lost Lafferty, Naismith and Jelavic for half the season and couldnt replace them....how can you cover that!

But your missing my point, I already said if a change of manager happens for a better replacement then so be it...(although Id keep Ally but bring in a Better No.2 than McDowall)....its the manner of the way he could quit is what Im getting at. I hate backstabbing especially to someone who doesnt deserve it.

Take your point Gribz and a better number 2 this season might have helped him, but it's the football world no manager gets sacked nicely, did we all think that the new owners wouldn't sound out potential new managers when they took over.

Disagree.

We have Sandy Jardine and McCoist left as Rangers men that are any way close to affecting the decision-making while keeping a bond between the playing staff and the boardroom.

and many many of the players.

Disagree.

I've made my views on Jardine before, what happens if the new board has Rangers men on it?

Take your point Gribz and a better number 2 this season might have helped him, but it's the football world no manager gets sacked nicely, did we all think that the new owners wouldn't sound out potential new managers when they took over.

Agreed! But if they do want to replace him then do it properly and not in a plot (if the article is true of course!!).