Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

To be fair to Walter & co they probably didn't anticipate that Duff & Phelps & Green's consortium would complete the asset sale to the newco today. That's the quickest thing Duff & Phelps have managed to do in 4 months as our administrators.

It gives me an alarming sense of deja vu.

tomorrow will be interesting.

has green paid the cash?

will his investors stand firm?

is whyte involved?

how do you split 100% 3 ways and get less than 15%?

what will the players say?

what's supers plans?

what are the liquidators saying?

what are the courts saying perhaps?

creditor challenges?

d&p taken to task over accepting a smaller cva offer from green than tbk?

all possibilities.

Not looking too good for Walter's consortium now then, especially with Green's consortium valuing the newco at over 10 million.

Walter's consortium could maybe separate/split and buy into the newco to a significant enough level to have a majority percentage of shares then reform as a consortium. Can't see them doing that though.

Think his "investors" will be happy enough to take a quick profit rather than fund the necessary working capital and sustain any losses, if they sell out Green will probably follow rather than hold on and see his holding diluted via the inevitable recapitalisation.

I imagine it boils down to the amount of filthy lucre they want and what Walters lot are willing to pay.

First bid was a certainty to be rejected.

To be fair to Walter & co they probably didn't anticipate that Duff & Phelps & Green's consortium would complete the asset sale to the newco today. That's the quickest thing Duff & Phelps have managed to do in 4 months as our administrators.

suspiciously quick.

wort checking that it actually happened I suspect.

I imagine it boils down to the amount of filthy lucre they want and what Walters lot are willing to pay.

Apparently they want north of £10m.

Edited by Zappa
typo city

suspiciously quick.

wort checking that it actually happened I suspect.

Aye!

I'd love to see that ol' "binding contract" between D&P and Green's consortium as well.

Got to start somewhere, I would guess it will be somewhere between their £10m and Walters £6m.

I think their starting point might be a couple of million north of ten.

Think his "investors" will be happy enough to take a quick profit rather than fund the necessary working capital and sustain any losses, if they sell out Green will probably follow rather than hold on and see his holding diluted via the inevitable recapitalisation.

First bid was a certainty to be rejected.

Probably also depends on how much the Green consortium fancy their chances of getting over the remaining hurdles with the SPL, SFA...not to mention UEFA considering their stance on football debts. We've got to remember that none of those can be taken lightly and you can pretty much guarantee that they'll be keeping a keen eye on the BDO investigation for any other 'crimes' we can be punished for.

Then you've got the situation with the players which could see a significant quantity of the clubs assets lost in the blink of an eye for next to nothing.

Get through that lot unscathed and the club could be worth a fair bit of money. At the moment though, all our new owners have to show for their efforts that's set in stone is some property assets of debatable value and a major headache.