Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

I really don't know where to start with that. You really couldn't make some of this shit up.

So he's saying he invested some money in our youth department a number of years ago and that money was still lying there. So in other words it was the club's money or an asset if you will. We'll leave alone the fact that it was 'unused for a number of years' for now.

So he was going to 'allow' this to be used in the CVA ...wtf? It's not his money!!!. At best he'd be a creditor and at worst just some guy that invested an amount years ago that was so insignificant it was forgotten about.

The rest just suggests that he's 'behind' DP and as such said cash was going towards TBK bid ...Says it all really.

Perhaps the investment may have been in the form of a loan and the balance would not have been drawn down yet, weren't all the major investments by various investors in RYD in the form of loans?

Since he was one of the original Blue Knights it's not really a surprise he backs Douglas Park.

Strange Green didn't know if he was a member of his consortium or not.

Strange Green didn't know if he was a member of his consortium or not.

Not too surprising if that statement is anything to go by.

It would appear that Hart himself hasn't been too sure what horse he was backing - The club or Dougie Park or whatever get's the CVA accross the line.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the root of Green's uncertainty on that one lies with D&P.

Edited by UCF2008

That's true, but where did he get that money from. Is it just another borrowing job, or do you think he's actually worth that amount.

Even though football clubs are not worthwhile and viable propostions these days in order to make money, if he did borrow it, I'd like to have been a fly in on the wall in the meeting as to how he convinced his loaner to give him the cash.

He's not worth that, but his backers are obviously worth a bit.

I'm glad it's obvious to you, I on the other hand can't help wondering where I've heard it all before.

That's the one thing I don't expect Green to be up to, when it comes to the money everything will be above board this time.

That's the one thing I don't expect Green to be up to, when it comes to the money everything will be above board this time.

Have to say I agree with that in principal. It even looks as though he wasn't bullshitting with regards to the terms of investment when he said at square one 'hand me a cheque and give me your name'. However that rather simplistic approach to business could possibly backfire on him and his consortium if there's enough of those investors to make up a majority shareholding and they're now backing the Smith consortium.