Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

Well I'd like Walter and other "Rangers men" to take over the club, something tells me they would have our best interests at heart, ujlike Charles Green, who nobody knows what his motivation is, other than to try and make some cash, which is a strange way of going about it. Buying a football club!

And nno one knows where Charles Green's £5.5 million has come from, as far as I can see.

I still believe he has no 'real' money to invest further funds with, and his tactics are to make as much cut backs as possible, as soon as possible, i.e., the McCoist story today.

It's strange folk support Green, who has no money, but were so against TBK's, baacked byy Walter Smith as 'real' Rangers men, because he they had no money.

From what I've read, the fans money is still essential in this plan, but I'd be happier with the WS group than Charles Green.

I suppose we'll all soon find out what twists and turns are to come in the weeks ahead.

It's not over yet.

Well he had the money to buy the club that everybody said he didn't.

Glenmuir's an interesting one. I wonder if that's purely an investment in return for a shareholding or something else.

Our jersey's are going to be hideous next season now.

Ian Hart statement.

A number of years ago I invested in the youth development department and that money was lying in the youth development department," he said. "At the time when Charles Green was the preferred bidder and was going for the CVA, I allowed that money to be used in order to get a CVA, but I am not part of his consortium.

"That was on the basis that he was going for a CVA, for the simple reason of trying to help to save the club. But I am not part of his consortium and I've been behind Douglas Park in the previous bid with the Blue Knights.

"I spoke with Douglas yesterday and today, and I was very happy to be involved in putting more investment into the bid by Douglas.

"I am not part of Green's consortium. I remain in full support of Douglas Park."

Ian Hart statement.

I really don't know where to start with that. You really couldn't make some of this shit up.

So he's saying he invested some money in our youth department a number of years ago and that money was still lying there. So in other words it was the club's money or an asset if you will. We'll leave alone the fact that it was 'unused for a number of years' for now.

So he was going to 'allow' this to be used in the CVA ...wtf? It's not his money!!!. At best he'd be a creditor and at worst just some guy that invested an amount years ago that was so insignificant it was forgotten about.

The rest just suggests that he's 'behind' DP and as such said cash was going towards TBK bid ...Says it all really.

Guest Dutchy
Well he had the money to buy the club that everybody said he didn't.

That's true, but where did he get that money from. Is it just another borrowing job, or do you think he's actually worth that amount.

Even though football clubs are not worthwhile and viable propostions these days in order to make money, if he did borrow it, I'd like to have been a fly in on the wall in the meeting as to how he convinced his loaner to give him the cash.