Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

Have to say I agree with that in principal. It even looks as though he wasn't bullshitting with regards to the terms of investment when he said at square one 'hand me a cheque and give me your name'. However that rather simplistic approach to business could possibly backfire on him and his consortium if there's enough of those investors to make up a majority shareholding and they're now backing the Smith consortium.

That's the great thing about no one having more than 15% of shares no one man can get control. On the flip side it an also lead to infighting and shareholders ganging together to get there own way.

I really hope that he sticks to his plan not to have shareholders on the board, and instead the best men for the job or women in case BM is reading.

I really hope that he sticks to his plan not to have shareholders on the board, and instead the best men for the job or women in case BM is reading.

He's now a shareholder himself though Allan and I'd imagine it's a significant share as well, possibly even as much as 15%. It's not crystal clear what's going on yet, but if he's CEO at club level then surely he'll be on the club's board too which would create yet another major contradiction.

He's now a shareholder himself though Allan and I'd imagine it's a significant share as well, possibly even as much as 15%. It's not crystal clear what's going on yet, but if he's CEO at club level then surely he'll be on the club's board too which would create yet another major contradiction.

I'm sure he said he wouldn't be on the board as it would be a conflict of interests, the board should be working for the betterment of the club not the profit of the shareholders.

Sounds a bit to good to be true but you never know.

I have been between laughing and crying all afternoon, the wife said it's my age or the menopause. Me i just think it's been like watching your father on a life support machine and the doctors about to switch it off. Then another surgeon comes into the room and said there just might be a cure.

God bless the RANGERS and Walter.

Glenmuir's an interesting one. I wonder if that's purely an investment in return for a shareholding or something else.

Although it seems like a Scottish company it is in fact owned by the Ruia Group who are Lancashire based Asians.

Also for a nice touch of irony one of their companies is the Ruia Group EBT Trustees Limited.