Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

According to SSN charles green has acquired rangers assets and his newco has put in place a letter to spl for his newco "The Rangers Club".

One day too late by walter smith

The process of buying the club will still go ahead,Greens consortium can then sell

Edited by ian1964

Charles Green Statement

Thu, Jun 14, 2012

Charles Green issued the following statement today:

"Following the formal decision of the creditors' meeting at Ibrox Stadium today, the consortium I represent has fulfilled its agreement with the administrators and has completed the acquisition of the business and assets of The Rangers Football Club plc.

"The transfer of the business and assets to a new company structure has taken effect immediately and the new company is The Rangers Football Club.

"An application has already been made by the company to register with the Scottish Football Association and to participate in the SPL.

"These applications will be considered over the next few weeks and I will continue to have discussions with the football authorities in relation to the Club's position.

"This day is bitter-sweet for the consortium I represent. From our first involvement we made it clear we would have preferred to acquire this great Club through a CVA.

"The decision by HMRC to vote against the proposal was, in my view, counter productive and did nothing but visit the sins of the past on the owners of the future and indeed the supporters who care so much for Rangers and deserve better.

"It was however prudent for us to prepare for this outcome and we are proud and honoured to acquire Rangers and begin a new chapter in its illustrious history.

"These are early days and there is a huge amount of hard work to be done to rebuild Rangers.

"It will take time and effort, passion and commitment. Rangers will rise again and that journey began in earnest at Ibrox today.

"First I must address the issue of the Manager's position at the Club. Our consortium wants Ally McCoist to remain as Manager and we firmly believe he is the man to take Rangers forward.

"He embodies everything that is great about the Club and without question we want him to continue as the Rangers Manager.

"I fully understand that other people have courted Ally who do not wish to see my consortium succeed however, I believe time for decision and rancour is over now that the Club has been sold and everyone with the interests of Rangers at heart should unite.

"The rebuilding of the Club will happen from today.

"As I have stated previously, it is our intention that no single investor or institution will own more than 10-15% of the shareholding.

"One of the saddest aspects of the refusal by HMRC to support a CVA is that small shareholders have lost their shares in The Rangers Football Club plc.

"However, supporters and shareholders will have the opportunity to invest in the new company.

"My consortium has been determined from the outset that from now on Rangers will be run to the highest standards of corporate governance.

"To that end, the Club will have two boards in the future - a company or plc board and a football board with appointments announced in due course.

"In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital.

"We are looking to expand that investor base and are in discussions with a number of interested parties.

"I have been greatly encouraged by the enthusiasm investors have shown and their belief that Rangers can have a great future. I believe that too and I, along with everyone at the Club, will work tirelessly to make it happen."

Guest carter001
Wait a minute here guys.

In fairness to all the goings on over the last few months, where the hell have these guys been, and why have they waited until our club is liquidated, ensuring years in the wilderness both at home and abroad, before coming in and saying "we'll take it from here guys".

For one, I dont and will never trust Douglas Park in a Rangers sense. He has had the chance for years to buy our club and has always refused to come up with the cash. His involvement in the blue nae-cash knights was a total catastrophe and his leaking of stories and manipulation of our situation this last few months leaves me with a very very sour taste in my mouth.

Ask anyone who works at Weir's pumps in Cathcart about Jim McColl and they will tell you not to trust him with anything. He has done the dirty on them time and time again, and it is very debatable if he has the necessary available cash to fund the club through these coming dark days.

I share everyone's delight in the announcement from Walter that he is involved in this, and that is one man we really can trust with our club, but lets be honest it smells a bit like he is getting used as a front for guys with no credibility. I hope he knows what he is letting himself in for.

And finally, the timing absolutely stinks. It is a kick in the stones to every one of us Rangers fans who has been on anti-depressants this week since the news broke that HMRC were going to spend millions of taxpayers money to liquidate rather than recover what it could from the cash on offer.

I dont share my fellow bears sense of glee here today. Perhaps the wounds are yet still too sore. Perhaps it is the stench of the vultures ready to pounce on the carcass of our club. Perhaps it is the spidey-sense tingling that this is not all it is made out to be.

Does this change the fact that our club was allowed to die? No.

Does this change the fact that we are going to be out of Europe for at least 3 seasons? No.

Does this change the fact that we are either going to be in Division 3 next season or severely handicapped in the SPL? No.

Sorry if i dont get all worked up and excited at the mere mention of Walter's name. I assume this new group's credentals and business plan are going to be examined with a fine tooth comb in a similar fashion to all the others? Or do we not give a toss about this now because Walter is involved?

I agree. The only things that would be different from Green owning us is that they are not in it to make cash and it would be people with the best interests in the club at the helm.

Jim McColl is wealthy but, like SDM, he uses the banks money to finance all his deals. How much is liquid cash and how much is he willing to put in? Remember, a certain previous owner SDM was said to have huge wealth and never used any of his own cash.

We are still in the shit for the next few years.....regardless of who owns us.