Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

"I fully understand that other people have courted Ally who do not wish to see my consortium succeed however, I believe time for decision and rancour is over now that the Club has been sold and everyone with the interests of Rangers at heart should unite.

Walter?....

Ahem .. yes. For the time being, I would assume legal stuff kicks in and some of it has to be done by Green & Co.. I would assume they can't simply be kicked out of this, but I'd also assume that they'll know what it would do to their image and acceptance if they rebuff Walter. Let's hope these people meet sensibly and get this done.

Any webcams on Erskine Bridge, BTW?

In fairness to all the goings on over the last few months, where the hell have these guys been, and why have they waited until our club is liquidated, ensuring years in the wilderness both at home and abroad, before coming in and saying "we'll take it from here guys".

Where have these guys been?

Ok, so Walter hasn't fronted a bid until now, but he's been talking to bidders in the background and according to reports was asked to and was willing to come back to the club with at least one of the previous bidders.

Douglas Park has never had the amount of cash required to buy the club on his own despite wanting to get involved, so that's why he got involved with The Blue Knights.

Jim McColl has previously been involved in plans to buy the club and there was a rumour that he was bidding in the last round of bids before Green turned up in a puff of smoke.

Why have they got together and come forward now? Probably because they don't trust Charles Green and his consortium just like some of the fans don't (myself included).

Guest Dutchy

Well I'd like Walter and other "Rangers men" to take over the club, something tells me they would have our best interests at heart, ujlike Charles Green, who nobody knows what his motivation is, other than to try and make some cash, which is a strange way of going about it. Buying a football club!

And nno one knows where Charles Green's £5.5 million has come from, as far as I can see.

I still believe he has no 'real' money to invest further funds with, and his tactics are to make as much cut backs as possible, as soon as possible, i.e., the McCoist story today.

It's strange folk support Green, who has no money, but were so against TBK's, baacked byy Walter Smith as 'real' Rangers men, because he they had no money.

From what I've read, the fans money is still essential in this plan, but I'd be happier with the WS group than Charles Green.

I suppose we'll all soon find out what twists and turns are to come in the weeks ahead.

It's not over yet.