Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

The most frustrating thing from my viewpoint is that I think we could have actually achieved the CVA. Despite, HMRC announcing their opposition I think if the CVA proposal had been improved significantly then HMRC could have been persuaded to vote in favor today.

It's even possible that the WS group could have gained close to a majority shareholding in the process, had they approached Green instead of attempting to hijack the bid.

They might even, had they offered enough in those type of negotiations, been able to stake a claim to a newco if it failed.

Opportunity missed and yet again it's the fans that suffer for it.

The most frustrating thing from my viewpoint is that I think we could have actually achieved the CVA. Despite, HMRC announcing their opposition I think if the CVA proposal had been improved significantly then HMRC could have been persuaded to vote in favor today.

It's even possible that the WS group could have gained close to a majority shareholding in the process, had they approached Green instead of attempting to hijack the bid.

They might even, had they offered enough in those type of negotiations, been able to stake a claim to a newco if it failed.

Opportunity missed and yet again it's the fans that suffer for it.

I think the Private Eye article out today goes a long way to explain HMRC's attitude, Whyte is the reason.

I also think HMRC were of the opinion that there was no value in the CVA proposal at all.

Unless I am mistaken, no one shareholder will own more than 15%, according to Green's proposal. What, if I may ask, stops anyone from the Walter Smith group to buy themselves into this and see how it goes on. Thus we'll have Rnagers men there and Green himeslf said that he is not in there for long. We already have a Rangers man as chairman now.

Or will it be normal business with McColl and Co., as they may look for a greater share?

Unless I am mistaken, no one shareholder will own more than 15%, according to Green's proposal. What, if I may ask, stops anyone from the Walter Smith group to buy themselves into this and see how it goes on. Thus we'll have Rnagers men there and Green himeslf said that he is not in there for long. We already have a Rangers man as chairman now.

Or will it be normal business with McColl and Co., as they may look for a greater share?

didn't he only name about 3 investors. what's 100 divided by 3.