Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

What's To stop green getting Walter onboard to get supporters to renew season tickets and then getting shot of him??

For the same reason that Whytes not showed his face around Ibrox for a while?

What's To stop green getting Walter onboard to get supporters to renew season tickets and then getting shot of him??

It's a good point mate, but the answer to your question is - Walter!

I can't see Walter getting into bed with Green's consortium when he's fronting one trying to take over himself.

The immediate racking up of the price to over £10m seems to suggest the sort of people we're dealing with. As much as I enjoy Charles Green's media appearances - it's hard not to warm to his style - if his group are going to appear quite as avaricious as this, I suspect they may come into contact with the lunatic element of our support sooner rather than later.

Did Green made a definite statement saying that Hart was in his consortium?* Or was he saying that Ian Hart belongs to the group of people contacted? Methinks one of the people approached said that he declined the offer or the way it was being done?

From Greens statement which is still on the official site, you can't really get much clearer than that.

"In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital.

*E.g., the DR made a total mess out of the Ally McCoist story and I wonder whether Green mentioned Hart in any official statement as a definite member (sic!) of his consortium. I for one wouldn't trust the press in the current climate, even if they were telling me that McCoist's surname was Allister.

I wouldn't be so quick as to dismiss what the Record said today.

The immediate racking up of the price to over £10m seems to suggest the sort of people we're dealing with.

One of Green's guys said that their costs so far for the takeover had now risen to about £10m, but I can't for the life of me understand how their costs could be that high. Their newco bought the assets today for £5.5m so I could understand of they said the overall cost was up to about £7m or somewhere in that ballpark, but £10m? I think they're at it.

From Greens statement which is still on the official site, you can't really get much clearer than that.

Fair enough. Sitting duck for the snipers and surely embarrassing for him.

I wouldn't be so quick as to dismiss what the Record said today.

I did not dismiss it by default. I spoke about "trust".

One of Green's guys said that their costs so far for the takeover had now risen to about £10m, but I can't for the life of me understand how their costs could be that high. Their newco bought the assets today for £5.5m so I could understand of they said the overall cost was up to about £7m or somewhere in that ballpark, but £10m? I think they're at it.

There's been a few words about that in the statement:

He also revealed that they had already spent £10million with operating costs and advisory fees included.

"We bought the club on 11th May, we paid our money and we are now going to run the club and move on," said Ahmad.

Does anyone knows for sure the running costs per month?