Ally staying as boss - On SSN

Bad news imo, Ally is staying as boss.

Must admit i'm not happy at this or at Green. I was hopeing with new owners we would get a new manager that plays football and developes young players.

More years of no progress and developement, just playing season to season.

New owners, same old shit on the park.

I dont think its fair to judge Ally after his first season as manager, esp giving the situation the club was in .

Also I think it was Calscot who post some facts that showed that Ally actually had an above average record in the league when compared to previous managers.

Some will never be convinced. On either side.

Here was me thinking that we had brought through some very decent young talent whilst McCoist was either manager or Assistant Manager. I must have been imagining the likes of Wylde, Perry, McCabe, Wilson, Ness, Hutton, Fleck.

CG, seems you and I are on a collision course today, apologies for that. Out of curiosity, given our circumstances, who do you believe would take on what looks like a poisoned chalice of a job with no security and with the possibility still that players cant be signed, with a squad which could be down to zero players if none of them TUPE, a club that could be plying its trade in Division 3 next season.

Who do you see that would come in and achieve the things you are looking for ? Would they see it as an ambition taking over a club in Division 3 given most managers rarely even last 3 or 4 years in a job ?

Who do you see that would come in if they have a limited transfer budget, if any at all ?

I still think that we have the best team in the SPL barring injuries. It is absolutely no coincidence that our season faltered last year when Naismith got injured. And at the time he got injured we were still top of the league. Even when we went into administration we were within touching distance of the top spot. Europe was a shambles, we all know that - but many a Rangers manager has suffered a European shambles.

I am by no means suggesting McCoist is some wonder manager - but I struggle badly to see how anyone can judge him on the season that has just transpired, all things considered.

I for one would like to see him given another season where the playing field is level and where there is a level of consistency and stability within the club such that the manager focuses on nothing but football.

Just look at it - we as fans have rarely focussed on the football since we went into admin... and we are by-standers. McCoist, at every presser, has had to field more questions about admin than he has about football. His focus would also have shifted. His job became more than just managing a club.

Give him a season of stability and if he fails, he fails. Regardless of anything, next season looks like a forlorn one anyway, so why not give him the chance to see what he can do ?

All I'm seeing so far is confirmation from Green that his chat with Ally today was 'productive'. Ally's now returned to his family on holiday. Really hope he does stay with us.

I was hopeing with new owners we would get a new manager that plays football and developes young players.

Last year in his first season in charge, Ally gave McCabe and Perry a number of first team starts, while also bringing through the likes of Mitchell, Hegarty & McKay towards the end of the season. Fleck was given some game time before being loaned out in the hope he would get more. Ness and Hemmings would have featured more if they hadn't been injured as would Wylde & Celik if they hadn't done a runner. Similar though not the same could be said for Bendiksen.

Added to that list we had Aluko - 22. Bartley - 20 & Little - 22. McCoist regularly fielded a starting line-up with an average age under 26.

Of course it could be argued that because of our lack of strength in depth and due to our circumstances of possibly losing players that more youngsters were given opportuinities, but equally it could be argued that with the stress of the clubs situation it wasn't exactly the best time to be giving youth a chance.

Either way, I don't see any evidence that McCoist is against bringing through youngsters. As for developing them, he's only had one season so far and apart from the fact that technically youth development isn't his job, I don't think it's fair to be judging him harshly based on that season.

Bad news imo, Ally is staying as boss.

Must admit i'm not happy at this or at Green. I was hopeing with new owners we would get a new manager that plays football and developes young players.

More years of no progress and developement, just playing season to season.

New owners, same old shit on the park.

Jeez you are one harsh man, you're not a traffic warden per chance?

Ally deserves a knighthood for what he's went through, if he would have walked away, which by the way he was fully entitled to do. Half if not all the team would have walked with him, we would not have been able to complete the season and the SFA would have did a Highland fling on our corpse.

Even if there is shite on the park i for one will will be smelling roses, In Ally i trust and Walter and my team and my club and my fellow Bears.

I for one would like to see him given another season where the playing field is level.

I think there's a very real chance that if Ally stays he's not going to have a level playing field to play with because of further sanctions imposed on the club and some players leaving or being sold with no worthwhile transfer kitty available to Ally to re-build a team that can genuinely compete.

We have to take into account that Ally has lost the following list of players including the ones whose contracts have just expired and the two who left during the player contract negotiations with Duff & Phelps:

Weir

Papac

Jelavic

Aluko

Wylde

Healy

Little

Bendikson

McMillan

Celik

That's 10 first team players gone before we even consider who will leave because they refuse to TUPE or who will be sold by Green to bring in cash.

In terms of what playing squad the manager has at his disposal, I'm predicting that he'll have an even more difficult task than last season and that's before even considering that we might end up starting the season with a points deduction from the SPL.

I have overall doubts about him as a manager but the goal posts got shifted incredibly before his first full season was up, he's done us proud during this difficult time so I don't want him going anywhere at least until we're back on our feet.