SPL considering replacing Rangers with 'Team X' on 2012/13 fixture list

The Scottish Premier League is considering replacing Rangers with "Team X" when they publish their fixture list for the 2012/13 season.

STV understands the schedule, which will be released on Monday morning, could reflect the current ambiguity over whether Charles Green's new company will be granted the club's member share of the league to participate in the competition.

The SPL declined to comment on whether the fixture list will exclude Rangers when asked by STV on Friday afternoon.

The current holder of the share in the league, the now Rangers oldco operated by administrators Duff and Phelps, had been given a deadline of Friday to submit overdue accounts in order to fulfill membership criteria for next season.

The SPL also declined to comment on whether those had been received, while also not confirming whether an application for Green's newco share transfer had been submitted.

Guest Dutchy

I liked the X-files initially, but the more I heard of the creator banging on in interviews, the less I found it.

If fact, the only memorable thing I remember about it was the use of torches in misty darkness. Maybe the organization that is responsible for running Scottish football could shine some light on what it is they have in store for us, unless they've not decided yet what they can get away with?

The Dutch wont have us, why would they ? Also, their scheduling will be due out too, just how would they manage to alter that for our sake, a foreign team looking to come into their system. One we know very little about in terms of the administration.

It isnt reality I am afraid.

There's as much chance of us joining a league in Africa or South America as there is of us joining one of the Dutch football leagues (or any other outwith the UK for that matter).

None.

I know this has been asked a million times, but WHY can we not apply to play in England? Usually the answer is UEFA don't allow cross border change in Associations. If this is the case, then can someone please explain this which can be found on wiki?

One senior club based in England (Berwick Rangers) plays in the Scottish system in the Scottish Football League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_league_system