Mike McDonald hits out at Walter

from the Daily Fail....

Put up or shut up: Green partner McDonald hits out at Walter

By Stephen Mcgowan

The business partner of new Rangers owner Charles Green has warned Walter Smith's takeover consortium to either put up or shut up.

Former Sheffield United chairman Mike McDonald leapt to the defence of his long-term ally as Green came under mounting fans' pressure to accept an offer from a group involving Smith, Scotland's richest man Jim McColl, Douglas Park and former director Dave King.

Revealing that the Smith consortium is just one of THREE parties to make their interest known since the completion of a £5.5million deal on Thursday, however, McDonald has warned all the bidders to prove they have means to take the club forward.

Sportsmail understands the Smith group are willing to pay up to £8m for the club and hope to meet with Green, McDonald and active investors early next week.

Angered by the calls for supporters to delay the purchase of season tickets, however, McDonald has queried why the Smith consortium waited so long to enter the bidding - branding the move 'mischief-making'.

'People say Charles should sell, but the answer to that is, "Where is the offer?",' McDonald told Sportsmail.

'Where is the proof of funding and the necessary offer? It's all right saying they are going to do this or do that. It's fine to talk to the press and the fans, but if they've got something to offer, then they have to make a formal offer.

'They have to put their money where their mouths are. That's what Charlie and his team did.

'Where were Walter Smith and his team when David Murray and Craig Whyte were running the club into the ground?

'These guys sat there and let all this happen and now, all of a sudden, they are back saying they want to do this and that.'

A business acquaintance of Green's for 40 years, McDonald has not invested in the takeover, but will provide the cash for new players if an SFA transfer embargo is lifted.

Insisting the Green group are at Rangers for the long haul, he revealed approaches from other parties on Thursday - the same day the Smith consortium made public their interest.

'We had plenty of Scottish people coming to us yesterday saying they want to get involved. And we've always said: "OK, put your money where your mouth is". Every day people come to us.'

Put Up or Shut Up? Right back at you Mike. You put up and shut up you gibbering fool!!!

'Where were Walter Smith and his team when David Murray and Craig Whyte were running the club into the ground?'

When Murray was running the club, Walter and his team were winning trophies for fun. That's what they were doing ...idiot.

Oh, an anti-Green fan-fest. That's a change.

And I see the standards dropping by the day.

To be fair dB, the OP's thread is about an interview with Mike McDonald, not Mr Green.

every attack on Walter is a nail in greens coffin.

oh and this guy buying players for the club. wtf.

I'm baffled at your contribution mate?

Not sure how to get my head round your latest post.

Not sure why you're placing 'thanks' and 'agree' on peoples posts.

But I understand why der Berlinger is suggesting that standards are dropping by the day.

Maybe admin can sort it out.

I'm baffled at your contribution mate?

Not sure how to get my head round your latest post.

Not sure why you're placing 'thanks' and 'agree' on peoples posts.

But I understand why der Berlinger is suggesting that standards are dropping by the day.

Maybe admin can sort it out.

I just think attacking a legend is foolish in what is for now a publicity war.

in truth I think McDonald's thought have never don't Mr green any favours. his last one about buying and loaning us players being particularly bad.

I can understand people wanting to give green time. if he got a cva I would agree. but greens not for me I doubt much will change my mind on that.

even leaving that asside Walters my all time hero.

Oh, an anti-Green fan-fest. That's a change.

And I see the standards dropping by the day.

To be honest he is right. The Walter consortium has to produce proof of funds and negotiate a price with Green. No point in throwing stones from a distance.