Motherwell FC board statement regarding our 'newco' application to SPL

yes mate. both to me contain admissions they will do what's needed for their clubs.

Of course they will. Would you really expect any different? Like the statement indicates it's a case of risk assessment.

Personally, I think most club's who take such a level headed approach are more likely to vote us back in, but in doing so they'll probably be taking a gamble on the forecasted drop in their own attendances.

Opinion polls are one thing, but when it comes down to it, how many fans actually will follow through on their threats and walk away from their own club over this?

Is the vote in private? Is it a show of hands? Anyone know?

I'm almost certain that it'll be an anonymous vote because most of the clubs won't want anyone to know how they voted.

Of course they will. Would you really expect any different? Like the statement indicates it's a case of risk assessment.

Personally, I think most club's who take such a level headed approach are more likely to vote us back in, but in doing so they'll probably be taking a gamble on the forecasted drop in their own attendances.

Opinion polls are one thing, but when it comes down to it, how many fans actually will follow through on their threats and walk away from their own club over this?

I know we're threatening a boycott, but to most clubs we take 10,000 fans per season to each ground, the equivalent of £250k give or take before the TV money, commercial revenues, etc are taken into account. I doubt any real fan would stop going to see Motherwell.

I know we're threatening a boycott, but to most clubs we take 10,000 fans per season to each ground, the equivalent of £250k give or take before the TV money, commercial revenues, etc are taken into account. I doubt any real fan would stop going to see Motherwell.

You might get the odd one. Personally I think that across the board you might be looking at an overall drop in SPL attendance figures of about 2-3% (worst case) if they vote us in, compared to maybe as much as 30-40% if we don't get back in.

The opinion polls on the other hand would suggest that it's a lose / lose situation.

I find it absurd that all these clubs can come out and make statements BEFORE the vote has even taken place. In my opinion I think it taints the vote. They should just have the vote and get it over with.

Then they should come out with statements about why they voted as they did but only after. Anything else just adds to the furore surrounding this

I do think though they are perfectly entitled to meet with fans group etc. to gauge opinion. But it should remain private until after the vote takes place.

We are in the healthy position of having no debt

Wow! How d'they manage that? Hope it wasn't some administration type event, or something.

By any measure the events at Rangers are having and will continue to have a huge impact on Scottish football. It is our hope that the tax authorities and liquidator will investigate these events fully and are able to take appropriate action against those responsible for causing lasting damage to our national game.

If events at Rangers really impact on the game as a whole to this extent then there really is a need to seperate us from the rest. It's not healthy. I don't suppose buying a striker from Latvia or wherever it is helps the national game much, either, but I have no doubt that's our fault too.

Most SPL clubs' bank managers will determine how they vote on JUL4. Any drastic forecast reduction in revenue (less TV money, advertising, Rangers visits etc) will result in loans/debts being called in and clubs going into administration then probably bust. If that's how they want to go that is.

If it's an anonymous vote I'm guessing we'll be voted in. It would be pretty funny if it was 11-0 in favour, at least 17 diddy team fans would not renew their season tickets and one million yahoo's would implode. Job's a good 'un.