They CAN'T Punish us as a Newco

They have got it wrong.

Remember it was stated they can't add sanctions to a Newco

They either vote Yes or No

They can't add anything.

I read that somewhere a few days ago, was going to mention it today in another thread but could not find the link to back it up .

Maybe you could help me with that :)

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

The SPL’s own Articles presently say the SPL can’t punish a Rangers newco with a points deduction or cash penalty.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4340520/SPL-may-let-newco-avoid-rap.html#ixzz1yBDzrpYN

yes but that's an old article. they had the meeting and agreed ad hoc punishments for each newco individually.

The point is that whether this is as "legal" as the SFA embargo was? They have rules and guidelines to obey, much like the SFA has. If they have no such stuff for a newco, bad for them. They should whip them up and pass them. (Though I have no doubt that they manage that in no-time.)

Stripping titles ... would mean that they have hard evidence on any miissuse of the EBTs and if they found something, it should be reported and laid bare in an legally sound way. Have they the powers of stripping a team of titles? If so, where does it start or end? With a single player who played 5 games and getting naughty 30k and thus had next to no influence, or large scale misuse? Can the SPL actually strip us of titles when the SFA should be the body investigating? For once, again, I can see them working neatly hand in hand though.

In any case, we should challenge any claim for missuse and check out whether this is actually true. Obviously, we would know (or rather, someone would knew), but then again, this EBT use is muddied water anyways. And while we are at it, no matter whether the Scum paid for their own EBTs, having them running fullfills the same legal problem for the SPL/SFA that we now encounter.

The point is that whether this is as "legal" as the SFA embargo was? They have rules and guidelines to obey, much like the SFA has. If they have no such stuff for a newco, bad for them. They should whip them up and pass them. (Though I have no doubt that they manage that in no-time.)

Stripping titles ... would mean that they have hard evidence on any miissuse of the EBTs and if they found something, it should be reported and laid bare in an legally sound way. Have they the powers of stripping a team of titles? If so, where does it start or end? With a single player who played 5 games and getting naughty 30k and thus had next to no influence, or large scale misuse? Can the SPL actually strip us of titles when the SFA should be the body investigating? For once, again, I can see them working neatly hand in hand though.

In any case, we should challenge any claim for missuse and check out whether this is actually true. Obviously, we would know (or rather, someone would knew), but then again, this EBT use is muddied water anyways. And while we are at it, no matter whether the Scum paid for their own EBTs, having them running fullfills the same legal problem for the SPL/SFA that we now encounter.

they have the power to strip titles and they have the power to punish newcos.

I don't believe it has much to do with football now.

It has more to do with the kind of country Scotland has become.

Their dislike of us as a support, and what Rangers means to a certain section of the population.

You can hear and see the enjoyment when folk talk about punishments.

Edited by chilledbear

The point is who does the talking. Most idots they ask are those who hated us before. Whether they represent the large percentage of their support or any objective meaning is another matter.

As of punishments, I would assume they'll have to be wary in what they do for what "crime".