Smith consortium withdrawing bid ??!

Walter & Co was cobbled together over 4 days last week. He had only met McColl once and did not trust Park who has had numerous opportunities over the past two years to put up his money and has failed each time. Green is a shrewd operator and was never going to give up the control he won over four months to a group that was put together over 4 days, however well intentioned.

Instead of making a silly offer to buy out Green, Walter & Co should have offered their money to join forces.

It looks to me that Walter was used and no prizes for guessing by whom and to what end.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Guest Dutchy

Banstead Athletic are not Rangers and the only reason we'd go that way is because the owners want it that way.

It could take years, so some idiot is going to buy the 'assets' that Gerrn owns, to feck with consortium, and we will be as silly as American football soon.

The only thing that rules in football anymore, especially down south, is money. We don't have any, but we do have assets, which are owned by Charles Green.

Watch this space!

Who knows, maybe Banstead Athletic will give us their place in the English league structure!! :-)

Never a truer word spoken in jest, Sir.

It is by no means a given that if we do not get back into the SPL (and would anyone put money on that right now?) we will be voted into the SFL. You would think it is obvious that the likes of Peterhead and Annan would see it is a couple of gold mines next season but I have it on good authority that some would prefer the place went to Spartans or another Highland League team.

So we may be applying to the Evo-Stik League Northern Premier First Division North and enjoying trips to the likes of Harrogate Railway Athletic and Skelmersdale United but that is by no means a given either; there are 14 levels of English football below the Evo Stik League!

Never a truer word spoken in jest, Sir.

It is by no means a given that if we do not get back into the SPL (and would anyone put money on that right now?) we will be voted into the SFL. You would think it is obvious that the likes of Peterhead and Annan would see it is a couple of gold mines next season but I have it on good authority that some would prefer the place went to Spartans or another Highland League team.

So we may be applying to the Evo-Stik League Northern Premier First Division North and enjoying trips to the likes of Harrogate Railway Athletic and Skelmersdale United but that is by no means a given either; there are 14 levels of English football below the Evo Stik League!

I would join the bottom of them just to get out of Scotland right now.

I would join the bottom of them just to get out of Scotland right now.

OK, so we'll make that a 24 year plan instead then? Personally, I think we'd be better off just going off to our pre-season in Germany and staying there.