Smith consortium withdrawing bid ??!

Just seen on FF !!

What a mess !

Walter Smith statement:

"Members of our consortium met with Charles Green and Zeus Capital prior to the CVA meeting and it had been agreed that we would be provided with significant information which would give us comfort as to the identity of the consortium members, their strategy and their funding capacity. This information had not been forthcoming by the date of our offer. We are therefore withdrawing completely from the process to enable Charles Green and his consortium to move forward. We wish the new Rangers Football Club good fortune."

Edited by MoodyBlue
statment from Smith

Why would Smith's consortium require to know " the identity of the consortium members, their strategy and their funding capacity" if they are making an offer to purchase the assets/club etc from CG???

This to me looks like good news - they obviously have wealthy backers

or Smith is calling his bluff knowing full well that they have no money and will have no option other than to sell in a few weeks when hardly any money from ST sales has come in ??? Then Smith steps back in ???

The plot thickens................. again !!

Why would Smith's consortium require to know " the identity of the consortium members, their strategy and their funding capacity" if they are making an offer to purchase the assets/club etc from CG???

As they never really wanted to own the club...

They felt like they had to, however maybe now after lengthy talks they have realised Green has the funding in place

It is a confusing statement to me.

They wanted to know the consortium members, funding etc and this information was not forthcoming so Smith's group made an offer.

The final sentence reads, to me at least, that Smith's group still havent received that information.... so if that is the case why would they withdraw the offer ?? Or is the final sentence suggesting that they HAVE received that information ? It certainly doesnt look like they have received the information they requested.

I dont actually think this is good news at all, all this statement does for me is muddy the water.