Smith consortium withdrawing bid ??!

Playing devil's advocate:

Nothing is coming out the club giving us fans answers at this trying time.

There have been statements including one yesterday.

No one knows what to do with season ticket sales and again the club has said nothing on this matter which is amateurish as best.

The club have asked for season tickets to be renewed. They have understandably put non-renewals on hold until after the vote. They have not come out and said what will happen if we do get demoted because they can't anticipate all the different scenarios and wouldn't want to be seen to planning for them at this point as it makes a no vote that bit easier.

More bad news than good keeps coming out the club and again they say nothing.

What bad news? Much of it may be spin and do we want the club reacting to every bit of spin that mischief makers put out there?

Surely bank accounts as has been said for the newco should've been sorted by now along with other details yet they still expect fans to buy season tickets going to the oldco accounts?

We don't know if the bank account story is true. It's just something that one poster has put out there and it's been taken as gospel.

Is there any real proof that Green has money in place to back us to the £30m or so he said he would apart from verbal assurances?

Do people really believe that we will be getting £30m? Putting that to one side, if there are investors, they will also be waiting to see what happens with the vote. Adjustments would be made there as well.

I do think that there should be more communication but the lack of it does not necessarily mean a lack of desire to take us forward. The vote has created a limbo, and surely there has to be a lot of work going on in the background.

I still think there needs to be more clarity on the season tickets. How can they still ask for them to be renewed when no one knows what is happening or where we will be after the vote as you have said and asking us to renew at the SPL price?

I don't think they are reassuring our fans enough and by the looks of it most are still against Green and still think he has no money to back us. Maybe it's the way he or others do business (I am not a business man) but it's not a normal business and the fans and one hell of an income for him so I would've thought they would be giving us more reassuring and communication than they are.

I still think there needs to be more clarity on the season tickets. How can they still ask for them to be renewed when no one knows what is happening or where we will be after the vote as you have said and asking us to renew at the SPL price?

I don't think they are reassuring our fans enough and by the looks of it most are still against Green and still think he has no money to back us. Maybe it's the way he or others do business (I am not a business man) but it's not a normal business and the fans and one hell of an income for him so I would've thought they would be giving us more reassuring and communication than they are.

You definitely have a point, Johnny. There should be more and better communication.

One thing I would say is that I'm not sure that it's correct to say most fans are against Green. A fair chunk of FF are against him, but I've not seen signs of it elsewhere, either on-line or from the guys who don't go onto the forums.

You definitely have a point, Johnny. There should be more and better communication.

One thing I would say is that I'm not sure that it's correct to say most fans are against Green. A fair chunk of FF are against him, but I've not seen signs of it elsewhere, either on-line or from the guys who don't go onto the forums.

I think that's fair.

I'm really fed up with people suggesting whole forums or swathes of the support are anti-Green. I've even got some chancers saying as much about this place.

I think there will be a lot of fans prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and that's exactly why the questions should be asked.

I think that's fair.

I'm really fed up with people suggesting whole forums or swathes of the support are anti-Green. I've even got some chancers saying as much about this place.

Yeah, RM have a cheek given it's their fault we have to suffer Gunslinger! :D

that's fair enough BD, i don't go on FF much but you can tell the majority there don't want him and if you say otherwise you get slated.

supporters i know who don't use the net are just not sure about him but again would maybe warm to him more if there is more and better communication with the fans, hopefully that will come once we know more after the vote and maybe even know his investors after that :)

Credit where credit is due Green stepped up to play where others didn't.

Sure and I think most of us have sympathy there.

However, there's a big different between turning up to play and forgetting your boots.

Have to say that I'm not surprised at all about Walter, McColl & co stepping back for the time being. Nobody in their right mind would hand Green's consortium double what they paid for the assets last week until it's known what sanctions the SPL & SFA are going to hammer us with. I'm sure various parties will be willing and able to step in when the timing is right if Green & co get cold feet and want out.

I agree, but what I don't get is why did they put the bid in when they did and I would have to say if it was a serious bid it was derisory. If it was to put pressure on Green by creating suspicion and destabilising the situation further then it certainly worked. The statements contain inuendo and nothing of substance and that goes for all of them.