Lee McCulloch on SSN

saying none of the players have heard anything from green.

Green doesn't know the players personally the way Ally does, so while Ally might be thinking sod it, it's not my job to speak to them on behalf of this guy Green, I think that's pretty much what Ally should be doing, speaking to his players.

The past year's been a tough one for everyone, Ally possibly more than anyone and he obviously completely deserves his holiday, but he should also be speaking to the players.

He flew back to Glasgow in the middle of his holiday and although it appears that he did that to sort out things with Green regarding his own job as manager (amongst other things), before he left to go back out to Portugal would have been a perfect time to speak to some of the players.

... if they were there. According to our homepage, they report back only next week. (And I for one assume it is in everyone's interest that people speak face to face with one another.)

Jig mentions Ally having his phone switched off, so obviously he or one of the other players have tried to contact the manager.

Green doesn't know the players personally the way Ally does, so while Ally might be thinking sod it, it's not my job to speak to them on behalf of this guy Green, I think that's pretty much what Ally should be doing, speaking to his players.

The past year's been a tough one for everyone, Ally possibly more than anyone and he obviously completely deserves his holiday, but he should also be speaking to the players.

He flew back to Glasgow in the middle of his holiday and although it appears that he did that to sort out things with Green regarding his own job as manager (amongst other things), before he left to go back out to Portugal would have been a perfect time to speak to some of the players.

He didnt need to wait to be in Scotland to speak to the players - unless finances are so tight we cant make phone calls whilst overseas he could easily have done so whilst abroad.

That said, he certainly is entitled to his holiday, he more than any other.

If he doesnt have any information from Green the phone calls would be short and sweet - one would think that he would have the email addresses and phone numbers of all players - all he really needs to do is send a blanket email to everyone at the same time giving the latest update.

However, we are again looking at this as if it is a simple task - it could very well be that Green has told Ally not to speak to anyone, including players, about the situation - it could also be that Green has told Ally himself nothing about the situation. Too many possibilities to come to any real conclusion unfortunately.

He didnt need to wait to be in Scotland to speak to the players - unless finances are so tight we cant make phone calls whilst overseas he could easily have done so whilst abroad.

Of course, but my reasoning was that while in Portugal he was with his family on holiday and no doubt completely switched off (phone included by the sounds of it) from his managerial duties. While back in Glasgow for several days he was away from his family holiday, so perfect opportunity to speak to at least one or two of the players IMO.

As you say though, there's too many possibilities to draw conclusions, especially when Ally was back to speak to Green and other people about other matters outwith the playing squad.

Jig mentions Ally having his phone switched off, so obviously he or one of the other players have tried to contact the manager.

Read that and also the line that he's on holiday just now. They will all be back next week and by that time we might even have a clearer picture about our status.