Lee McCulloch on SSN

Was he running or was he approached by SSN ? Did he already ask his manager and was told he knew nothing either ? Did he try to contact Green and got rebuffed ?

Lee McCulloch is one person in this mess that I would actually place as being genuine enough because he clearly cares about the club. I dont think there is any malice from him - and it could be, just perhaps, that he is trying to actually get Charles Green to talk to the players before they simply say "fuck it, you wont talk to us, we will not TUPE - goodbye Rangers".

Ever thought that McCulloch speaking out may just be a desperate plea to Green to speak to the players to try to save the squad ?

Not everything is black and white.

He didn't have to say anything.

Their getting paid that's what happening, its up to them what they do walk away or move to the newco. Lee came out the other day and said I'm staying now hes moaning because nobody is talking to him, he should be asking his manager whats happening. Not running to SSN

He wasn't 'running to SSN', he was publicising the course set up by Ricky Gillies to get young Scots players college scholarships in the States. They asked him stuff, naturally. H answered fairly well but pointed out he wasn't really qualified to give full answers.

But aye, dig the guy up.

He wasn't 'running to SSN', he was publicising the course set up by Ricky Gillies to get young Scots players college scholarships in the States. They asked him stuff, naturally. H answered fairly well but pointed out he wasn't really qualified to give full answers.

But aye, dig the guy up.

I will we have enough shit hitting us without one of our own throwing some, all he had to say was I'm here for this event not to talk about Rangers. He's not some wee boy, he knows anything he says will be edited or twisted to make it look bad.

I will we have enough shit hitting us without one of our own throwing some, all he had to say was I'm here for this event not to talk about Rangers. He's not some wee boy, he knows anything he says will be edited or twisted to make it look bad.

This can also be interpreted as burying your head in the sand.

BTW, he wasnt "throwing shit" at all. If you read what he says he merely points out the truth which is the players havent heard anything. That isnt throwing shit.

As the saying in the movie goes.... "You cant handle the truth" - and some Bears simply cant handle the truth.

If McCulloch had said "no comment" you can absolutely guarantee that he would be getting pelters for it too.

Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Yeah, got to say having read that piece I'm not sure McCulloch has done anything wrong either. He's explained that the players are still in the dark about the future. That's not adding fuel to any fire, that's simply stating the obvious.

Guest Oso de Campo

Big Lee & Ally McCoist are the only 2 people connected with Rangers that have my complete trust.

If the club is in the SPL, then it is in the club's interest for the players to TUPE to the new entity, if its Div 3 they will probably let everyone go and offer new contracts to anyone wanting to stay.

The club are in the position of not knowing what will happen, its in the hands of others. I don't think guessing just now is productive.

Hopefully next week's meeting will lay out the options with some clarity.

Big Lee & Ally McCoist are the only 2 people connected with Rangers that have my complete trust.

If the club is in the SPL, then it is in the club's interest for the players to TUPE to the new entity, if its Div 3 they will probably let everyone go and offer new contracts to anyone wanting to stay.

The club are in the position of not knowing what will happen, its in the hands of others. I don't think guessing just now is productive.

Hopefully next week's meeting will lay out the options with some clarity.

the trouble with that is the players can force their way accross if they are of a mind to and demand the same wage for the remainder of their contract.

this is really the biggest issue just now.

Re TUPE, is it the option of the player to TUPE, or the club ?

If the player then you have a very valid point gunslinger - in that event if they TUPE across whilst the club dont want them (owing to inflated salary) then they could sue the club for breach of contract.

This has MESS written all over it too.

Guest Oso de Campo

GS - I am not sure any of the players would actually follow through with that in a Div 3 scenario.

Most of the squad could, at the very least, match their wages open market if available on a free. Doing that would only devalue their own options, and antagonise the support.

In an SPL situation, I hope they do. After the last few months they are entitled to it. Do I think, say, Whittaker is worth his salary - no, but he signed a contract and good faith and took the pay cut when it all went tits up.