Initiative 1872 ... an idea

I think the pitch thing could work in tandem as it means actually buying the pitch which would mean it could never be sold even if another Rangers umbrella company goes bust. And as you practically own that bit of pitch it could potentially raise more money and be something that could be traded.

Membership scheme is a great idea and I'd be in like a shot.

But why give the funds to the Club?

Why not manage it as a fund and release those funds as and when appropriate.

The one thing we should have learned out of the past years is the we are our only friends. We would have some clout if we got this up into the millions.

In fact, if we administered it ourselves, we would always have clout.

Edited by bluebear54

Seems to me that if we're going to do that we should be using the money in share issues to gradually own more of the club until we have more than 50% like the Bundesliga. The fans will slowly lose their money but will own the club forever...

Seems to me that if we're going to do that we should be using the money in share issues to gradually own more of the club until we have more than 50% like the Bundesliga. The fans will slowly lose their money but will own the club forever...

More or less what I suggested the money we charge the club, what's left after its used for the stadia upkeep is used to buy shares before long the fans would have the controlling stake in the club.

More or less what I suggested the money we charge the club, what's left after its used for the stadia upkeep is used to buy shares before long the fans would have the controlling stake in the club.

We'd need a long term plan to develop some level of mutual interest between the fans. As it is now, it would be a self destructive bun fight.