Initiative 1872 ... an idea

We need something similar to the Chelsea Pitch Owners scheme if only to remove the threat of being separated from Ibrox.

Spoke to a mate about this the other night, fans buy Ibrox lease it back to Rangers for a fee, which we us towards the upkeep anything left over we use to buy shares in the club wouldn't be long before we had a fair amount of the shares.

Spoke to a mate about this the other night, fans buy Ibrox lease it back to Rangers for a fee, which we us towards the upkeep anything left over we use to buy shares in the club wouldn't be long before we had a fair amount of the shares.

Even if we only secured the pitch then that would remove any possibility of a profitable redevelopment for a non-football use thus keeping the property vultures at bay forever.

So why not getting this thing in motion? I would, but it is a touch difficult from over here. Anyone contacts to the RFFF?

I think Tannoch is the only one with connections I am not sure though.

I'd hazard a guess there's a good few more.

Probably there are but I will change it to he is the only one I have heard mentioned in connection with it, and I mean on this website. I am only on here so have no idea about who is on other websites..

If you have connections Forlan then I hadn't picked up on it so excuses.

Sounds like we need something like that million dollar web page which charged a dollar per pixel for advertising.

We could have a webpage which breaks the pitch into 724500 10cm x 10 cm patches and you can buy patches for £20 and it gets your name on it/them. The webpage could have a click-through for each patch on a google earth type image and be searchable to find your patch(es). You would then have a trust that owns the pitch including your pitches on your behalf. The pitch is then leased to the club for a nominal fee. You get to vote on any decisions the trust makes about the pitch.

You could even visit ibrox and taking one of those measuring wheels, find your patch(es).

That could raise almost £1.5m.

Sounds like we need something like that million dollar web page which charged a dollar per pixel for advertising.

We could have a webpage which breaks the pitch into 724500 10cm x 10 cm patches and you can buy patches for £20 and it gets your name on it/them. The webpage could have a click-through for each patch on a google earth type image and be searchable to find your patch(es). You would then have a trust that owns the pitch including your pitches on your behalf. The pitch is then leased to the club for a nominal fee.

You could even visit ibrox and taking one of those measuring wheels, find your patch(es).

That could raise almost £1.5m.

http://www.rangerspixelpage.com/