Initiative 1872 ... an idea

Well, we all know that the upcoming times will be hard, no matter where and if we play association football somewhere.

Methinks the RFFF was set up by fans to guide the club and its supporters through administration, help people getting their rightfully earned money et al.

Now, once this is all done and dusted and we can go back playing football, wouldn't it be usefull have a "survival fund"? For if we are indeed send to Division 3, we'll have a budget that is diametrical opposed to that of our SPL team. Will we be actually able to afford a Wallace at his curent wages?

No matter who will own us then, going by the RFFF's relative success, what about whipping up this "Rangers Survival Fund" called Initiative 1872, which asks supporters to pay pounds 18,72 per month to keep the club afloat - despite all the animosity shown and whether or not we'll have a league to play in? We could simply ask the figure-heads of the RFFF to take this under their auspices as well.

As the end game nears, every Rangers supporter will by now realize what is actually at stake.

It would be a good idea if peope start talking to Green about this, be that membership, be it "Initiative 1872" or a combination of both. Money should be ring-fenced in certain ways, so those paying it would know exactly where it will end up.

The supporters are ready to put their hands in their pockets on a monthly basis. Membership scheme would be the best imo, Rangers Unite are almost in a position to get the legalities signed of with the FSA, then i think it will be put before the support hopefully (but not as yet) backing from the club.

Of all the initiatives for a 'new' Rangers, a membership scheme is a must IMO.

Around £20 a month sounds reasonable to me - I'd imagine many fans could afford that. :)

I agree with this Frankie, although some fans will want something back I'd imagine so why not give them a free copy of the rangers news (if it still exists monthly?), have monthly draws with decent prizes (i'm sure some sponsors or companies would donate good prizes for publicity in return) or have Rangers hospitality deals, meals, signed shirts, footballs etc that fans are interested in.

If you have say 10k fans a month doing this and taking off prizes and other costs it could raise say £150k a month?

There are so many worthwhile money making projects out there that could help us, and that our fans i'm sure would pay for if done the right way, surely the club must look into this more.

I would guess that £240 a year for nothing in return, while others do nothing and get the same, and the owners put in little themselves and make a large profit, would put most people off.

For £240 a year you should be getting shares in the club to that value.

We all want a successful Rangers but like the low turnouts in the elections, which is effectively free, most will not see themselves as making much of a difference, and they can save themselves £240 a year with their apathy.

All it will seem like is that the money will replace money that should be spent by the club and THAT money will just line the owners' pockets.

Can't see it working.

Guest Dutchy

I agree with this idea, and as said, it doesn't matter who owns Rangers, even if you're unhappy with Green.

I do say though that it shouldn't be restricted to monthly payements of say £20. £20 a month is hard for some to find, some like me, who is a benefit scrounger and contry to reports, i'm not rolling about in cash. I would however be prepared to offer £5 a month.

Every little bit helps as they say.

I agree with this idea, and as said, it doesn't matter who owns Rangers, even if you're unhappy with Green.

I do say though that it shouldn't be restricted to monthly payements of say £20. £20 a month is hard for some to find, some like me, who is a benefit scrounger and contry to reports, i'm not rolling about in cash. I would however be prepared to offer £5 a month.

Every little bit helps as they say.

I would agree with this, it should be flexible enough that people can pay whatever they so desire to pay - every little helps and not everyone has 20 quid a month. If there is no benefit other than helping Rangers then it shouldnt matter how much people contribute and it shouldnt need to be the same per fan.