Good on you son

KYLE HUTTON has committed himself to newco Rangers and says doing so represents a fantastic opportunity to establish himself in the Light Blues' first team.

The midfielder will report to Murray Park for the start of pre-season training tomorrow morning and has confirmed this afternoon it's a case of business as usual for him.

Hutton spent last season on loan to Partick Thistle then Dunfermline and is now hoping to make an impact back at Ibrox again.

With a number of players looking to leave Ibrox by objecting to having their contracts transferred from the old company, there are gaps in Ally McCoist's team needing filled.

Hutton feels he could be one of those to step in - and he has urged other emerging talents who were with Gers last terms to stay and fight for places too.

The 21-year-old is disappointed the likes of Jamie Ness and Rhys McCabe feel their futures lie elsewhere when he believes Ibrox remains a good place for youngsters to play.

Hutton said: "Like everyone else in the first-team squad, I've had a good long, hard think about the situation.

"With the other players that are leaving, I look upon what has happened as something which presents me with a chance to play more games for the club.

"As sad as everything which has been going on is, this is still Rangers we are talking about and it's an extremely attractive team for people to play for.

"For me, it is in my best interests to stay where I am and to try to establish myself in the side next season. I feel I've got a lot more to give the club.

"I'm still a young player who is learning his trade and hopefully I've got a long career ahead of me so this is a great place for me to keep learning.

"I'd say the same to other young players who have yet to make their decisions on their futures known.

"There are quite a few other boys coming through who can make an impact and hopefully they can look at things in the same light as I have."

It remains to be seen which league championship Rangers will contest in 2012/13 as they look set for demotion from the SPL.

Many are tipping the club to end up in the First Division, a competition Hutton played in during the first half of last term with Partick Thistle.

He has warned Gers won't coast to a title there the way some fans might expect if that's where they are placed and insists the standard at that level is good.

Hutton added: "I enjoyed it in the First Division with Partick last season. If that's where we were to end up playing, I'd know what to expect and it's a tough league.

"For the players who are remaining with Rangers, it's still a good level to play at and it'll be a bigger test for us than some might think should we go into that competition.

"Being a First Division player definitely toughened me up and my mentality changed for the better.

"I learned to appreciate some grounds aren't as fancy as others but you still need to dig in and get results wherever you go. That has helped me a lot.

"Whatever league we are in, there will be pressure on us to win it and the players who are at Ibrox will rise to that."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2824675